Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
xxX4DOOR4FOURXxx
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
I just got off the phone with the local dealership parts dept. I called them about a LSD for the 10.5. If they had 1 and how much. Well they have 1 but they want 1527.00 dollars for it and said it was a 5 hour install at 92 dollars and hour. I dropped the phone. I have had complete rear ends built up for under 2 grand. Is this thing made out of gold? Does any one know of a different option for the 10.5 rear end. I really dont want a full blown locker, but i am kind of tired of the peg leg also. Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan :gr_patrio

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
Try SummitRacing.com; Jegs.com; MoesPerformance.com; Randysringandpinion; motivegear.com; one of these places should have something for you. You might want to call or email them to make sure. Moes carries a lot of Ram 1500 axle parts but I'm sure they can get a LSD for your AAM 10.50 rear axle for a heck of a lot cheaper than what the stealership wants. Finding a shop that will install it for a reasonable amount of money is another problem in itself.

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
Here is one from Randy's ring and pinion:

http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=324

It is gear based like the popular Detroit Truetrac people buy for the 1500s (no clutch packs to wear out). As Prism said, check with some other places as well. I do know that Bob at Moesperformance.com can get Yukon products even though he may not have them listed on the website. Give him a call and see what he can do - great guy and he is a sponsor here.

As far as the install, I know that Gears + LSDs typically run about $275 to $400.00 per axle for the 1500s, so I would THINK that just an LSD install would be less expensive, even on a 10.5" rear end, but just call around to some 4x4 shops just to get some prices. Make sure you tell them you purchased the LSD elsewhere because some shops will only install their own parts.

You appear to have a 4wheelparts store in Portland, so give them a call. I had my gears and LSD installed at a 4wheelparts in Denver and they did not mind at all that I bought the parts elsewhere. They did a good job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.