DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the factory wheel size on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks? What is the smallest wheel that I can go with and SAFELY and effectively clear the stock brake assembly and everything else that's needed?

TIA :gr_patrio

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Stock was 16" rim and 265/75/16 tire. I've heard you can run a 15" rim on some rams but others hit the calipers. I can't say for sure since I have never tired it.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
98QuadCabV10 said:
Stock was 16" rim and 265/75/16 tire. I've heard you can run a 15" rim on some rams but others hit the calipers. I can't say for sure since I have never tired it.
Thanks for the reply! If you get bored here in the next couple days and wanted to run to a tire store in town that had a 15" wheel in stock..... just to see..... :D

I'm thinking (hoping) that the 15" wheel size is the same deal with the 1/2 ton's. Everyone said you can't run 15" wheels because of the brake system. I'm running 15" steel wheels now. I can't see the alloy 15's working, they're thicker.... but the steelies work just fine.

Got my fingers crossed!

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
I would think the alloys would work. How much thicker are they and how close are the rims you currently have to hitting?

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
I bet his reason is he can't get the tire/size he wants in a 16" rim size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.