DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the other day I saw a thread about using hockey pucks for a 1" body lift and since most said they are dangerous, that they suggested a 1" body lift, well I cant find that thread, or any links to a 1" body lift, just a 3". Well I know most are gonna say well a 1" BL would be stupid, but for what I need it for it would suffice. I like a big fender gap, not a fan of the "stuffed" look, and well im maxed out on suspension, at 9" full suspension, and want a full 10", but dont want do to a 3" and have the hassle of relocating everything and having to get 37s, then have to re-gear the truck etc....anybody have any links or clues about a 1" body lift, or know of a safe way to use the hockey puck idea? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
You can get the 1" performance accessory pucks from performancelifts.com.. I just ordered mine and if I get them by tomorrow there is a good chance I will install the 1" body this weekend. I will keep you all updated if I do.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You can get the 1" performance accessory pucks from performancelifts.com.. I just ordered mine and if I get them by tomorrow there is a good chance I will install the 1" body this weekend. I will keep you all updated if I do.
I was hopin you would reply after seeing the other thread, and yes please keep me updated, as soon as you complete it and I know it works 100% I will definitely be doing this as well, making me a complete 10"s, specailly with my new wheels coming tomorrow :rck: also where are you getting your extended bolts from? can you post the length and thread pattern once you do so I can order mine as well

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Sweet, cant wait to see the pics. What brand wheels did you get?

I got the bolts from a local hardware store. What I did for the bolts was when I pulled up to the hardware store I removed one of the bolts from the cab and showed the employee what I needed but 1" longer. But I will give you the exact measurements this weekend.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, cant wait to see the pics. What brand wheels did you get?

I got the bolts from a local hardware store. What I did for the bolts was when I pulled up to the hardware store I removed one of the bolts from the cab and showed the employee what I needed but 1" longer. But I will give you the exact measurements this weekend.
I found an insane deal on some rockstars so I had to get em :rck: yeah just let me know on the bolt threads and length, if not I can always just do the same thing you did, I figured id go to Ace Hardware and see if they have them. I just ordered my pucks so hopefully next weekend I can have mine done, how long did shipping take on yours?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Those are some nice looking wheels..

My shipping took a day or two, but I live 35 miles from the place :D...Just checking but how many pucks did you order? I bought 14. For some reason I told the sales rep 12 and called them back about a hour later to let him know to add 2 more :crazy:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are some nice looking wheels..

My shipping took a day or two, but I live 35 miles from the place :D...Just checking but how many pucks did you order? I bought 14. For some reason I told the sales rep 12 and called them back about a hour later to let him know to add 2 more :crazy:
Thats funny, I put in the order form 12 and then second guessed myself and went and looked at PA's 3" Install Instructions and saw that there was 14 and corrected it before I sent payment luckily

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Lol, I completely forgot about two near the front bumper when I ordered mine.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol, I completely forgot about two near the front bumper when I ordered mine.
hey whenever you do yours this weekend see how much slack is in the lines/wires, im wondering if it is possible to do a 2" without extending everything, just curious....

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Yeah will do..The only problem I see off hand would probably be the steering extension.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok just removed a cab bolt and a bed bolt and checked the length, size, and pitch at work

Cab Bolts are 12mm x 1.75 threads and are 3.75"s long, so we need 4.75"s for the BL
Bed Bolts are 12mm x 1.75 threads and are 2"s long, so we need 3"s for the BL

In the other thread the guy said he used the cab bolts for the bed, and I guess if they worked they worked, but im not sure the bed threaded holes are deep enough to take the extra .75"s of the cab bolts, so im going to order all new bolts all the way around, 4.75s for the cab and 3s for the bed. I work for Caterpillar so we have strong industrial bolts for machines, better than grade 8 so im going to use those to ensure strength...

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Great info.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
BL going back on! Doing it at your house?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Just a 1" of it, and doing it at the house.

·
Registered
871 Posts
hey Krs would you mind telling me where i find the 1" pucks on their website, i must be blind cause i can't see them! Also please let us know how it works out and any info you'll have about the install, i would love to do that also!! Pics would be nice! Thanks :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey Krs would you mind telling me where i find the 1" pucks on their website, i must be blind cause i can't see them! Also please let us know how it works out and any info you'll have about the install, i would love to do that also!! Pics would be nice! Thanks :)
the only way I could find them on the site is to do a search, but here is the direct link...

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/PERBB01.html

I got my bolts today, and pucks ordered yesterday so as soon as they come in ill be doing this as well, and will takes pics and report back how it goes if I get them before he has his done...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey thanks man! Yeah any info would be great i've never done something like this, its my first truck! :)

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I well difinitely take pics

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Im not going to have the time this weekend and dont know when I will now, so baggedlvintegra spotlight is on you.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.