DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a 2004 ram 2500 on 33/10/17 tires and I wanted to get a set of 1.5" spacers to add stance to my truck, because I can not afford a larger tire at the time, but I've heard that spacers can be bad for the truck, is this true?

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you purchase quality 1.5" wheel spacers you should be fine.

The spacers (adapters) actually bolt onto the hub first, then the wheel bolts to the spacer (adapter) studs:

The only thing you have to worry about is the OEM studs sticking out past the 1.5 spacer. If look at first picture, it shows how the OEM studs are sticking out past the spacer about a 1/4".
If your current wheels do not have an indent / space in the back of the hub, you will have to cut off the end off the OEM studs for the wheel to sit flush against the spacer.

Here is a picture of the indents or spaces in the back of the hub between the stud holes:

Something like these should work:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-1-...ash=item3f551832e3:g:RCsAAOSwtlhWFs9p&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
34 Posts
Okay so I have a 2004 ram 2500 on 33/10/17 tires and I wanted to get a set of 1.5" spacers to add stance to my truck, because I can not afford a larger tire at the time, but I've heard that spacers can be bad for the truck, is this true?
Did you ever install the spacers? How did it work out for you?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
466 Posts
If the truck have more then 100K miles I'd do new wheel bearings hub assembly's anyway. Most wont until they ware out. I have had a good amount offset rims on my 1500 (20x10 -24) for last 3 years with no issues so unless your running the setups everyday I wouldn't comment because not everything on the internet is true lol.

My wheels stick out 2" and I'm going to 20x12 wheels next with will put me at 3" Now if your going to do all that stuff and run like 35s to 38's sure your going to wear parts out sooner. If you keep stock sizes and keep weight down you will not see issues.

I road drive my truck and do some light off road with it. Unless your going to be really beating it your going to be fine. Every time tires are changed/rotated anyone can check to see if they have play, most quality shops will tell you before its too late anyway unless your one of them stubborn I do everything myself because I think I am saving money by wasting all of my time guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the truck have more then 100K miles I'd do new wheel bearings hub assembly's anyway. Most wont until they ware out. I have had a good amount offset rims on my 1500 (20x10 -24) for last 3 years with no issues so unless your running the setups everyday I wouldn't comment because not everything on the internet is true lol.

My wheels stick out 2" and I'm going to 20x12 wheels next with will put me at 3" Now if your going to do all that stuff and run like 35s to 38's sure your going to wear parts out sooner. If you keep stock sizes and keep weight down you will not see issues.

I road drive my truck and do some light off road with it. Unless your going to be really beating it your going to be fine. Every time tires are changed/rotated anyone can check to see if they have play, most quality shops will tell you before its too late anyway unless your one of them stubborn I do everything myself because I think I am saving money by wasting all of my time guys.
Would I be able to run 2" spacers on stock 17s but have all terrain tires on them ? The tire size is 35x12.50

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
1 Posts
With the use of high-quality Wheel spacers, and the correct installation, there is no problem, I installed the bonoss Wheel spacers, use more than 10W km, still very OK.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts