DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 ThunderRoad RC/SB with the Hemi Sport pckg and would like to know what I can do in the 1/4 mile.

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/showownerpic.asp?u=10308&n=222472

I took it to the scale yesterday and it weighs 5100 lbs with a little more than a quarter tank, toneu cover, stereo system(custom box w/ 2 12" and two amps) and heavy 23" rims. It has a turbo giving me 413rwh and 400tq(530HP and 513TQ at the flywheel). It has the same rear gears as a 1500 and the tires are 305/40/23(32.6" tire diameter). How fast can I cover the 1/4 mile?

·
Got Nitrous?
320 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume that doesn't include nitrous guys because they don't make much HP but their torque is high.
I want to be in the 12.5 range.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
SRT10KLLR said:
I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 ThunderRoad RC/SB with the Hemi Sport pckg and would like to know what I can do in the 1/4 mile.

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/showownerpic.asp?u=10308&n=222472

I took it to the scale yesterday and it weighs 5100 lbs with a little more than a quarter tank, toneu cover, stereo system(custom box w/ 2 12" and two amps) and heavy 23" rims. It has a turbo giving me 413rwh and 400tq(530HP and 513TQ at the flywheel). It has the same rear gears as a 1500 and the tires are 305/40/23(32.6" tire diameter). How fast can I cover the 1/4 mile?
Just curious you say you have a 2500 "ThunderRoad", that was never an option on 3/4 tons. Then you say you have a Regular Cab/Short Bed 2500, which was also never available on 3rd gens from Dodge. They never made a "ThunderRoad" model in a regular cab either. And you saying it has the same gears as a 1500 is slightly odd too. Also the pictures that you posted are of a 1/2 ton. Not trying to rag on you, just trying to get your story figured out!

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
LOL... Welcome to Dodge Talk... As you see most of us here know what we drive real well.... LOL So please tell us what you have again? From the sounds of it your not quite sure yourself... what gears do you have also what TURBO did you say you have and what is the boost pressure set to?

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
[Jay] WTF is the internet?![/Jay]

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Silverbullit, you may now alot about trucks here but not of worldly matters. You are right to say that these trucks are not sold here in the states. This truck was not purchased in the United States. This truck came from the dealer as a 2500. If you look at the picture you will notice the 5 lugs not 8(has same differetial as 1500). It had four leaf springs in the back but I removed one. They also don't make the Hemi Sport in a r/c here either.

Anyways, I needed to know if any of you guys could tell me aprox. 1/4 times.

Have to go take my son to baseball game but I will check back later. Will also post more pictures as soon as I can.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the STS Turbo running 4lbs & 7lbs(w/boost controller).

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
SRT10KLLR said:
Silverbullit, you may now alot about trucks here but not of worldly matters. You are right to say that these trucks are not sold here in the states. This truck was not purchased in the United States. This truck came from the dealer as a 2500. If you look at the picture you will notice the 5 lugs not 8(has same differetial as 1500). It had four leaf springs in the back but I removed one. They also don't make the Hemi Sport in a r/c here either.

Anyways, I needed to know if any of you guys could tell me aprox. 1/4 times.

Have to go take my son to baseball game but I will check back later. Will also post more pictures as soon as I can.

OK???

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
WOW, it looks like a 1500 buthe says it is 2500 or 3/4 ton. I have not seen that one before. Mor have I seen a standard cab short bed 3/4 in the 3rd gen. before. But I have not seen everything either. My truck is a 1500 looks something like that picture. Anyhoo, it's all good. Oh I did see the five bolts on the wheels that scream 1500 or 1/2 ton

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I'm confused.

Is anyone else confused?

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Huh? (laughs)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was purchased in a foreign country. They do not sell them in the U.S. It is basically a 1500 that they modify to handle more load. Sorry to confuse you all.

Anyways, what do you think my 1/4 mile times might be? I have no traction problems because of the big heavy rims. I will be doing some more tuning to it during the week and will give it a little more boost(2lbs more) for a total of 9lbs. Also, I just received an Edge Racing torque converter and Roadmaster helper springs. I will also be getting 18" Centerline wheels with BFG Drag tires to handle the extra HP. I just posted two more pics.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Find a 1/4 mile track or buy a G-Tech and let us know.

My Quad Cab runs low 15s.
I'm sure your boosted monster is a bit quicker than that.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
heres the way to tell if you have a 3/4 ton or not........the rear leafs will be 3" wide on a 3/4 ton and a 1/2 ton will have 2.5 wide rear springs.....better check to see if you were "duped".....everything I see says 1/2 ton(1500)....even the brakes I can see in the wheels.....sorry Im not believin yet?!?!?!?!?

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
slammed1 said:
heres the way to tell if you have a 3/4 ton or not........the rear leafs will be 3" wide on a 3/4 ton and a 1/2 ton will have 2.5 wide rear springs.....better check to see if you were "duped".....everything I see says 1/2 ton(1500)....even the brakes I can see in the wheels.....sorry Im not believin yet?!?!?!?!?
Sounds like a 1500 with an added leaf and a dealer who buys badges in bulk.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
I have been in the parts biz for a while. Looking at trucks and owning a few 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks. That is a 1/2 ton ram. 5 bolts on the axle is 1/2 ton no ifs, ands, or buts. Looks just like my truck. Maybe he could post a VIN# and that tells all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.