Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow DT'ers,

I have an '03 1500 QC with a 5.7 Hemi. I have ran it before at sea level and extreme heat/humidity and was running high 15's pretty much stock with only one exception of a Flowmaster 40. I have a friend who owns a '05 Ford F-150 Super Crew with a 5.4 V-8. We have played around once on the street when I was stock ( except muffler ) and when I started pulling him someone pulled out in front of us. Of course his version is he was catching me but had to shut it down. Of course I say if that Ford was fast enough to catch me, then it should have been fast enough to get past the intersection before the car pulled out LOL. I am thinking that a stock F-150 Super Crew with a 5.4 is around a 17 second truck. Is that about right, or does anyone know? Here is the modifications I have made to my Hemi. How much do you think I could shave off of the high 15's time? And if I could talk my friend Dale into a "Grudge" run at the track how BAD do you think I could beat him? Besides the Flowmaster 40 Series I have since added AirRam CAI, Jet Stream Scoop, Power Wire, a 180 T-Stat, and a Superchips power programmer tuned to the "Performance" setting. Give me your thoughts. How many of you have tangled with a F-150 SC with 5.4's, not that they are anything to worry about, but how bad was the kill?

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
well the last Found On Road Dead that i cam across at the track was a 5.4 4X4 reg cab and i smoked him like he was standing still. and all i have is CAI, headers and a 6.1 cam thats in no superchips nothing like that. so i have a feeling that you will do really well. i took that truck by at least 3-4 trucks

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
I bought my Superchips after a buddy I work with hyped it up. He has an '05 F-150 4x2 with the 5.4. The only mods he had was a Superchips and Magnaflow exhaust. I asked him to let me drive his truck, before I dropped the money for one of my own. It felt like I was driving a '70's Cadillac El Dorado. That thing had the power of a pig. I asked him if he forgot to program his truck, he said "ha,ha, very funny" He must have thought I was joking. I didnt have heart to tell him that an 18 wheeler could have smoked him off the line. I then decided the Superchips was crap. Shortly after, I joined this site and with all the hype the guys here gave it, I bought one. The morning after I got it in the mail, I took it to work to show him. He said "Well, let see what you can do", I proceeded to leave a PAIR of skids about 70' long in the parking lot of the jobsite we worked at. The only mods I had at the time were an exhaust and the Superchips. Ever since then, I keep challenging him to run with me and he wont, but continues to talk shit about how badass his Ferd is and how much of a piece of crap the Dodge Hemis are.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
Well i have a 2005 4.7L QC and i run a 17sec 1/4 mi, and i have the AIRRAM cai/pw/scoop and flowmasters so if you say that 5.4 = 17sec and my 4.7=sec... do you think that my 4.7L can take your hemi (which probably runs low 16s)? LOL i didnt think so

SO when you see a ford 5.4 (not s/c like the harley addition) think of it as a slightly moded 4.7L :D

-David

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi schawks73,

I actually turned a high 15's with it stock other than a flowmaster. I don't know how much the AirRam CAI, Jet Stream Scoop, Power Wire, 180 T-Stat, and Superchips will add? I would love to get into the 14's, even at 14.999 just to say I have a 14 second truck LOL. I don't know how much the mods will add realistically, probably only a coupld of tenths, but don't know.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
schawks73 said:
SO when you see a ford 5.4 (not s/c like the harley addition) think of it as a slightly moded 4.7L :D

-David

Thats a good way to describe it.

Not all Harley Davidson editions are supercharged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.