DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got a chance to run my Durango for the first time in the 1/4 mile. It did 15.98 @ 83.38 mph. I still have to have the engine air/fuel dynoed so I can reflash the computer for more HP. I only got a chance to run it once so I have nothing to compare it to. I was actually racing a Dragster at Atco raceway in NJ. I went to Jim Harrington's racing school. If you ever have the chance to do this, I HIGHLY recommend it. My best time for the day was 9.186 @ 146.67! I will post more times in the near future.
Soykes
P.S. (www.thedragraceschool.com)

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Any time you can break 16 seconds in a two and a half ton truck, you're doing alright!

·
I am your Father
2,365 Posts
Soykes said:
My best time for the day was 9.186 @ 146.67!
HOLY SHNIKEYS!

That's fast! Especially for a Durango! Now I want all of the mods that you have listed. Hey. I'll trade ya for a Durango with a stereo that will blow-dry your hair in the morning... :D

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Bill - If I read Soykes correctly, I think the nine second time was in the full-blown dragster. Without looking, I think you'd need something like 700-800 HP to get those numbers in a D!!

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Oh wait...humor...ok, I GET it now...LOL!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
With all those mods I would think you should run faster. With only the few mods I have I ran 15.99 @ 82.53. Makes me not even want to bother with any other mod than gears. Racing sure is fun as hell on a track, regardless of how fast/slow the vehicle is.

Did you do the run with the RT wheels? Those things are heavy *******s!

The last even at Englishtown in November I am going to try and get there to run again, to see if I can run in the 15s again. Would be cool to see others there running their Durangos.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I ran with the heavy RT wheels. I'm sure I could have run faster, but there was no time for me out there with the dragsters and others. They let me squeeze in. Plus I didn't hook up as well as I would have liked. My adrenaline was peaked after running the dragster. There was a turbo charged Chevy S-10 that ran in the 7 seconds. I still have to dyno the engine. I know that it is not running near it's full potential (air/fuel is way off).

·
User
873 Posts
LOL! Again, the D didn't go 9's. ;) And btw, it would need much more than 700-800 HP to go 9.1's, being 2.5 tons! That is about the HP range for a 3000# car to go mid-to-high 9's.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to set the record straight, My D ran 15.98. The Dragster I was in ran 9.18. A major difference in both power and weight compared to my D. Sorry for all the confusion. As cool as it would be, I don't know if I would really want my D to run in the 9 second range. Things start to get really unstable at speeds that high and I'm sure one bad move would have it rolling over down the track. I had my D up to 122mph (on the GSP) and was hoping that a cross wind didn't start to blow--I wouldn't even change lanes even though it was handling everything fine.
Soykes

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Insider's Note: Bill is pulling our CHAIN! (and loving every minute of it!)

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Rayjj, an Englishtown run sounds like fun. Is there a particular day you're going? I looked at the schedule, it's a bit confusing. Would that be Sun the 5th for the AC event ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
B1G BLEU said:
Rayjj, an Englishtown run sounds like fun. Is there a particular day you're going? I looked at the schedule, it's a bit confusing. Would that be Sun the 5th for the AC event ?
The day I will probably be going in November 12th, BF Goodrich Street Wars 3, High Tech Import (lol) vs US Muscle. Its bracket racing. When I went in March, I won my first 3 rounds and sent ricers home, but it was late after that so I ended up leaving. I shoulda stayed to see how far I could have gotten. I did meet one guy from the board, cant remember his name, so I hope this time we can get more to go. I usually head there with a bunch of Long Island Jeep guys. Since I am a bit east of you, we could always meet up on the LIE somewhere. We usually leave super super early to get there early since only the first 500 get to race, and it fills up fast.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Takes a BS'er to spot one!

LMAO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.