Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 06 Limited, AWD with the Hemi and I just used it last weekend to tow my drag race Ford Lightning to the track for an event so while I was there I figured I would make a pass with it to see how it would do!

The results... 15.8 @ 85

Not to shabby for a big SUV but it certainly could use some improvement...
I think I'm going to install a large Magna Flow muffler in place of the huge stocker and fab up a high flow inlet pipe with a large cone filter and run it again before the end of the season and see if it helps much... I really like this Durango and I'm thinking it would be a hoot to drive every day and a towing machine if I could get about another 150 HP out of it... With that being said I'm seriously considering installing a small single turbo to motivate this thing at some point in the future... Anyways, I just thought I would drop in to say hi, share my experience and let you know there is one more performance nut out there who has a Durango

Dave

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Thats a great result for that truck.

·
Registered
193 Posts
no bad....and yes another 150hp would be just right

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm impressed. What gears are you running, 3.55 or 3.92's? Let us know the results of any exhaust upgrades!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mine ran a 15.2 at 88 with the mods i have and a 13.7 at 100 with the extra 150 hp. So its definitely possible to get the time a little better.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mine ran a 15.2 at 88 with the mods i have and a 13.7 at 100 with the extra 150 hp. So its definitely possible to get the time a little better.
Rand,

Where did you get the extra 150 hp? I looked at your mods and didn't see a NOS kit or Turbo.

·
Registered
193 Posts
plrs x45 said:
nor do I see 13.7 anywhere in that equation (unless you did have the Nitrous)
pretty sure he had giggle gas.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes, that would be on the funny juice... I took it off and just recently put it back on. Its a NX kit with a 150 shot. Tranny is just fine and no codes thrown for lean mixture or anything like that.

·
Registered
313 Posts
rand said:
I was hoping with your list of mods you'd be a little faster than 15.2, especially considering yours is 2WD with 3.92's and Icepicks is stock AWD with ??? gears. It seems that yours would be 15.2 in the quarter without any mods simply given your drivetrain configuration compared to Icepicks. Do you have much wheel spin off the line?

On the other hand, maybe Icepick just picked a "good" one.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Big Cypress said:
I was hoping with your list of mods you'd be a little faster than 15.2, especially considering yours is 2WD with 3.92's and Icepicks is stock AWD with ??? gears. It seems that yours would be 15.2 in the quarter without any mods simply given your drivetrain configuration compared to Icepicks. Do you have much wheel spin off the line?

On the other hand, maybe Icepick just picked a "good" one.
Haven't had a run with the hypertech yet... you must also consider how crappy my 60ft times are due to it being 2wd... if i had an awd there would be no wheel spin and would probably shave off another 2/10 of a sec. Who knows. I still think that 6 tenths is considerably more, but that's just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe mine has the 3.55 gears and it is AWD... I'm sure a 2wd with the 3.92's would run at least 2-3 tenths quicker... I'm thinking with a CIA, perfomance muffler and a few more miles it will go 15.5 @ 87...

Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, I'm sure when using N20 the AWD would be much better but wouldn't think wheel spin would be much of a problem "off the juice" in a 15 second ride... FWIW my 60ft was a 2.33 with no wheel spin of course...

Dave

·
Registered
35,849 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
That weight was scaled right before I went on the track.

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
A Cummins dually long box at 5200? Maybe a shortbox quad 1500 with a gasser at 5200. I scaled last year in race trim at 7200 pounds. This year I kept the 5th wheel hitch in, the spare tire on, a full tank of fuel and a box of draw bars in the back because last year I had traction problems and I still had traction problems with the extra weight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.