DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has a silver 09 Sport Crew California Commemorative Edition. The trucks loaded. It has a little plate inside labeling it. Build date is 8-08. Sticker says $42,600 & they are asking $31,600.
They also have an all grey Laramie for the same price.

What do I do ???????????????????

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think it's just some fancy thing the dealer did...not direct from Dodge.

I see you're from Valencia. If you don't mind me asking, which dealership? (Power?)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one is in LA but i saw another one the same at Power a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I wish I had waited and not bought my 08 cause they are almost giving thes 09's away.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I bet that one has been used as a tester at some show before it we were able to buy. They just labeled it that to make people want a high milage tester.

·
Clinically Certified
735 Posts
Okay...I'll bite...what is so special about it? Dash plaque?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't really care about the plaque. More interested in the price. How does it sound or the Laramie for the same $'s? Should I wait?
I have a feeling that Chrysler might extend the 0% thing & even go up to 60 months when they see trucks still aren't selling.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
price is reasonable

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well what do both trucks have the same setup? If it is the same price I would go Laramie, I'm sure it has more options!

Shoot regardless, I would get a Laramie anyday! That's my $.02

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
never heard of it, I bet the dealer just slapped it on there. Look at the window sticker to see if it says anything

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm gonna take a Long shot here and say the Truck may have been at the September 22 2008 something a Nother for the USS Midway, as some kind of promotion gimick for Dodge!

maybe the USS Midway was re-launched after repairs and they used this truck to Haul the Big wheels/Captains to the ship? maybe just maybe LOL

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
never heard of it, I bet the dealer just slapped it on there. Look at the window sticker to see if it says anything
I was at another dealer today and came accross another 09 Ram with the plate in it. This one is a blue Sport. The sales guy said there are 19 of them made. He thinks they were for shows/photo shoots, tv stuff. This one had 172 miles on it.
It's exactly what i'm looking for but i'm a bit apprehensive about the miles on it for a 'new' truck.

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
I was at another dealer today and came accross another 09 Ram with the plate in it. This one is a blue Sport. The sales guy said there are 19 of them made. He thinks they were for shows/photo shoots, tv stuff. This one had 172 miles on it.
It's exactly what i'm looking for but i'm a bit apprehensive about the miles on it for a 'new' truck.
With that many miles on a new truck they should cut you a hell of a deal. There's not really much anyone could of done to hurt it, but it does have a lifetime PT warranty. I say if the price is right and it's what you are looking for then go for it.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
x2

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found another one today at Hawthorne Dodge. 169 miles on it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dealer called me yesterday and offered me the truck for almost $13k off!! Said he couldn't offer much for my trade in tho so i figured he's trying to make up for it on that side of things. I need to sell my old one so I can jump at the new one!! :bawl:

·
Registered
301 Posts
all the same except color

They're all 4x2 Sports, loaded.
And I believe they all have a manufactured date of 8-08, so they have been sitting on the lots for some time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.