DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how hard it would be to use a steering wheel from a 2012 into a 09-11...I really don't like the cruise "limb" and prefer the buttons on the wheel but don't know much about it...

Is this feasible?

·
Dodge Tech
1,609 Posts
i been thinking of this as well but also to add the heated wheel

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
they are the same wheel frame it just depends on what the connector looks like on them. they mount the same so as long as the wiring is the same it should be a simple swap.

·
Dodge Tech
1,609 Posts
i think im gonna look at the wireing diagrams i forgot i have the abilty threw chrysler

·
Dodge Tech
1,609 Posts
after looking at everything it would work the connectors behind the wheel are the same all the wires are in the same place all the circuit id's are the same

·
Agent Orange!
4,280 Posts
Lol! I've already ordered my leather 2012 string wheel. I was going to suprise everyone when it was done. I ordered it 2 weeks ago. Been planning on doing this swap since I first saw the new steering wheels.

·
Registered
149 Posts
after looking at everything it would work the connectors behind the wheel are the same all the wires are in the same place all the circuit id's are the same
Sweet. I like the fact that the phone button is on the steering wheel for 2012. I may do this, too.

·
Military Member
515 Posts
Yeah wondering the price myself

·
Agent Orange!
4,280 Posts
Depends on the options on the wheel. A non letter slt wheel retails for $160 and the same wheel with leather retails for $185.

·
Military Member
515 Posts
What about a lesther wheel with all the options from a Laramie?

·
Cali Wagon Wheeler
1,307 Posts
Or you could wait for the Grant wheel to be released. They are working on a 4G one as we speak...

·
Agent Orange!
4,280 Posts
I can't wait but I can resell and upgrade later. Lol! Any idea on release date?

·
Cali Wagon Wheeler
1,307 Posts
I can't wait but I can resell and upgrade later. Lol! Any idea on release date?
They didn't give me a specific date. They are hoping to get it out sometime next year though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Depends on the options on the wheel. A non letter slt wheel retails for $160 and the same wheel with leather retails for $185.
Any idea what the leather with heat costs?

·
Agent Orange!
4,280 Posts
Dunno. You have to find a truck with the options you want and use it's VIN to look up the parts. Just walk around your local dealer and find one.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The Grant wheels are badass. But the $650 price isnt.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dunno. You have to find a truck with the options you want and use it's VIN to look up the parts. Just walk around your local dealer and find one.
Where do you look up the parts? mopar?

·
Agent Orange!
4,280 Posts
Parts counter at the dealership.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sure a write up (with pics) and any problems you run into (or lack there of) would be greatly appreciated :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.