Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all looking at replacing my 02 dak that replaced my 92 dak
have to have a quad cab for the kids i hate auto trans. so here is the thoughts
08 coudl be had with a stick shift (v6)so dash center console and drive train are all out there some place
1500 rams in 08 coudl be had with the new 4.7l and getreg 238 so the combo works
it woudl seem the only problem woudl be with the computers or am i missing something
i woudl rather have the newest dak i can so long as things mesh but if need be ill keep hunting for an 07 that had the v8 and stick option

little background on me most i tow is a few 4wheelers and most the time the bed woudl only have kayaks (right now we have to take the car and truck when going kayaking with the kids ) i drive liek an old man so my 02 V8 has all the power i need. my thinking is the 08 coudl give me all the little things that are nice. might be the last truck i buy as i hate the autos and all the drive by wire stuff (yes i know 08s have ETC ) the more refined and slightly better MPG V8 seems liek a smart move

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jsut an update seems the 08 ram and dakota share the ecm for the auto trans so that fact sould also mean if the dak woudl have ever had a 6 speed it woudl also share the rams manual ECM
this is looking more and more like a 08 ram ecm vin ]flashed shoudl work in the dakota for the convertion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.