DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ramistered User
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a total newbie when it comes to diesel engines. I do all my own maintenance and mods on my 5.7 hemi but I look at my 08 Sprinter with CRD engine and I don't even know how to change the oil. Pathetic I know but what's involved with routine maintenance like oil change etc. Is there more than one oil filter, is it special oil? Can the oil change light be reset? Any info here will be a education so lay it on me. Sorry if this is dumb

·
Ramistered User
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a couple pics of the beast

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oil must be Mobil ESP1 low ash the latter is critical oil changes are critical at ten thousand miles. One oil filter, One fuel filter, change filter between winter grade fuels to summer grade fuels.. oil set can not be done on the dash as to no data for the US side, it has to be done by the dealer with a DRB111 irrespective as to what the service manual say's
Let the vehicle run until the first designated oil change is due, if low on oil , you must use the dealers oil as to the break in period, normal Mobil one is the wrong oil for topping up until the first service is due. use only ULSD fuels don't fool your self with substitutes LSD or Bio fuels as to the critical mass of cetane values of which are below par for the sprinters maximum performance.
Richard
View attachment 6_March_2007_MOPAR_NCV3_Essential_Parts[1].pdf

View attachment 07%20Warranty_Book_Sprinter.pdf

View attachment 1 service.pdf

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Altered Sprinter . . . have not spoken in a while . . . hope all is well with you. . . . We have just released a new part to fix/replace the intercooler hoses that blow off . . . I will send you photos in the next week or so . . hope all is well in Tasmania!

Best regards, Jim Riordan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Jim yes would be interested on either forum, seems as the winter past has been severe at your end, and EGR issues have not abated either, the Q5 fix still has some problems from what I hear! But it's hearsay.:secret2:
Cheers Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.