DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, So I am a little confused and need some help figuring out what the heck is going on with my truck. - 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 4x4 121,254 miles

So a week ago I was unloading some stuff out of the back of my truck and it was idling and just shut off, there was no stutter or shaking anything like that, just shut off. So I jumped in, turned the key off and back and and it was fine. Drove 40 miles back home, next day I went to start it, wouldn't start, wouldn't even try. No lights no nothing not even the key fob worked unlocking it. Thought that was weird took another truck to work and then when I got home to check it, it started right up like nothing happened. Thought that was odd checked the battery for voltage it was fine. So I just went with it. I was already planning to change the plugs and the oil and air filter last weekend so I did. It went smooth the plugs didn't look too bad pretty normal, same with everything else. Drove it the rest of the weekend it was fine, Monday, fine. Today I went to go to work and on the highway it kind of shuddered at 70 mph felt almost like the transmission or maybe a misfire, the RPMs went from right under 2k to zero and it did this 3 times in a row but no codes came up and it stopped rest of the drive was smooth. I get in the truck to drive home and immediately as soon as I pulled out of the lot it starts going crazy, wouldn't drive over 15 mph kept having those shudders, whether I pressed the gas or not. Still no code but then the oil pressure goes to zero. So I immediately stop and check the oil, still good plenty there and super clean. I turn it back on and the oil pressure gauge is back to normal and now it's just doing the shudders. But it is intermittent. No codes, no strange lights on, no weird noises, doesn't sound like it is misfiring.

Anyways I need some help or some kind of direction I'm real confused. Any help is more than appreciated.

TL;DR Truck doing weird things, shuddering and dying, no code. Not sure what is going on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sensor behind gas pedal . Really. gotta buy the whole pedal. took me a month of trial and error. swapping every sensor i could get to. just driving along .....goes limp mode .... never got a code for it.
Fixed it , good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine did something similar (hesitation, like I was climbing a very steep hill), engine light came on. This was a day after I got a blinking engine light for the second time. First time it happened I did plugs, coils, wires; code was multiple cylinder misfire. Shop said it couldn't determine one way or the other but it was long overdue for an ignition job. Less then 10k later it looks like my catalytic converter is dying. I was recommended to use a cat cleaner as a first (inexpensive) step to see if it helps/buys me time.

2008 4.7L, 244k on her.

·
Registered
2008 Ram Bighorn
293 Posts
Mine did something similar (hesitation, like I was climbing a very steep hill), engine light came on. This was a day after I got a blinking engine light for the second time. First time it happened I did plugs, coils, wires; code was multiple cylinder misfire. Shop said it couldn't determine one way or the other but it was long overdue for an ignition job. Less then 10k later it looks like my catalytic converter is dying. I was recommended to use a cat cleaner as a first (inexpensive) step to see if it helps/buys me time.

2008 4.7L, 244k on her.
Have you ever changed the upstream O2 sensors?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts