DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read about a few guys that are putting 6.5" speakers in the rear of their REG CAB 1500's, but haven't really seen any pics or details on how they actually mount. Being that the stock size is 5.25", how does a 6.5" speaker fit? Do you have to drill new holes and buy some sort of spacer (somewhat obvious part)?

I want to get these crap speakers out but want to make sure I am making the right choice, 5.25" seems a little too small for my taste.

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
you most likely would have to drill new screw holes (no big deal) if the speaker is too deep you could make your own spacer for them out of plywood

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, I just wanted to make sure the speaker opening for the 5.25" won't be too small for the 6.5" speakers....but then again, if I add a spacer it wouldn't really make much difference.

Hoping to buy a set of Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" speakers, possibly components, then a set of RF Punch 6x9's up front (may try components here as well).

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
I personally haven't done it, but I too have read where people said they put 6.5" speakers in the rear doors.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, I have a REG CAB so there are no rear doors but I guess it can't hurt to try it out....I'd say I'm fairly handy so I'm sure I can get it to work.

Damn Butch, are you the only one that reads my threads? Seems like 90% of the responses I get are from you, rock on :rck:

·
Living in my own world
449 Posts
Hi. It looks like you 2 need some company in here so that people don't start talking.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
lmao!!! I'm sitting here at work on lunch and saw a thread that I was interested in. I try to help out as much as I can, because I know at some time I was somewhere asking the same thing.

I keep forgetting that you have a RC. I would think that you could 6.5's to fit back there

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Butch, you've been more than helpful with your responses to what I post, I really appreciate it. I just need to finish up that other thread by posting some videos of the exhaust :tup:

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
Butch, you've been more than helpful with your responses to what I post, I really appreciate it. I just need to finish up that other thread by posting some videos of the exhaust :tup:
I'm glad I could help.

and when are you going to get them Mickey Thompson Sidebiters ;)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Taxes are getting done this Friday so I am hoping those Sidebiters are on order shortly after that.....I am 100% sold on them, love the way they look, and haven't seen any trucks with them on (other than a photo-chop).

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
sweet.......I'm still waiting for my tax money. Filed last sunday (jan. 25)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, I know some people end up waiting weeks even months to get their tax money, hopefully that's not the case for you. I just bought a house in December so the "first time home buyer" credit will be in my pocket too, along with the standard tax return......just don't tell my wife that I'll be using some of it on wheels and tires haha :D

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
yeah, I know some people end up waiting weeks even months to get their tax money, hopefully that's not the case for you. I just bought a house in December so the "first time home buyer" credit will be in my pocket too, along with the standard tax return......just don't tell my wife that I'll be using some of it on wheels and tires haha :D
I used turbo tax and they estimate that I should get my money tomorrow....but we will see

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.