DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well many have seen where i was retofitting a full blown LED array into a set of 07 tails, after a slight design change that caused a little delay in the installation process they are now on the truck and working PERFECTLY! :rck:

In case you missed the build thread on these ill throw in a few pix of them being put together....

The custom built LED array:

Installed in the lens:

The Brake/Blinker:

Now what the orig design was, the very outter ring would be a parking light halo ring at full brightness, and the rest of the LEDs would be the brake/ blinker. Well after some thought i decided to make it where the outter halo ring was at half brightness for parking lights and then it would go full power with the rest of the LEDs on activation of the Brake/Blinker, and it all worked out for an insanely bright setup that i couldnt be happier with.

Final Pix...

Compare (Custom LED Brake vs OEM Brake)

closeup:

while i cooked up the tails i managed cooked up a custom 3rd Brake light to match :D

Long distance of them installed

All the LEDs shown together:

The parking Lights at Half Brightness:

Just a shot after the sun went down alittle, what you could expect on a cloudy day :cool:

Let me know what you guys think!

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
Demon those look badass

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
That came out great! I like what you did with the parking lights. Nicely done :cool:

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
250 Posts
So the 11th pic with just the outer ring is the parking lights? Is at half brightness or just dimer because of fewer leds on? Looks good! Home joby or kit?

·
Registered
704 Posts
very nice work...still not a fan of the way those tails stick out...but you do some good work.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the 11th pic with just the outer ring is the parking lights? Is at half brightness or just dimer because of fewer leds on? Looks good! Home joby or kit?
The outter ring is at half brightness, it goes full blast when the brakes are hit with the rest of the LEDs, and this is a full custom made kit

WoW, DeMoN!!! Those are NIIIIIIIIICE!!!! :D
Thanks!

very nice work...still not a fan of the way those tails stick out...but you do some good work.
I started out the same way, but my thing is i just cant stand factory, and with them being LED im digging them alot more, these should have been like this from the factory

Thanks again everyone for the compliments, they mean alot

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
If you didnt build me a set, youre dead wrong.

·
The Pontoon!!!
1,432 Posts
how much woud you sell a kit for because i like the look of those alot better than stock but if it is going to be more than spend 100 on all three led lights i would stick with the ones i have and keep the ability to have my stock as spare

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how much woud you sell a kit for because i like the look of those alot better than stock but if it is going to be more than spend 100 on all three led lights i would stick with the ones i have and keep the ability to have my stock as spare
there is more than $100 in just LEDs right there, i dont plan on selling any KITs, but i may decide to make a few more and sell completed sets, but im not 100% on that though, but im pretty sure im going to be making a set for one of my other trucks :cool:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice, and practical too.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
If you ever need some tailight grommets let me know! Nice job bro.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Grommets?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
yup when you put the tailight back in its the black rubber clip that surrounds the nipple of the headlights that always breaks(in my case)

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I need 4 of them lol

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I get them on the 1st i'll regular mail them to you, my tailights vibrate since the clips are broken and i came across them on ebay didnt think id find them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.