DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have heard that SC, QC's have MDS and the megacabs don't. I talked to Service Advisor and they said if it was a 07 and a HEMI it had MDS. Who knows for sure if a 1500 megacab with a HEMI has MDS or not?

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
does not.. too heavy

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got off the phone with DC. They claim I do have it. Who knows?
THis is driving me :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
you cant tell if you dont or not? i guess it is possible you got a freak lol

-but 4 cylanders to move a 2500 chassis pig, i think not...the 1500 has enough trouble as it is...MDS is a joke

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I do. Others say I am hearing stuff. I just want to be able to tell for sure one way of the other.
I don't really care one way or the other. I just want to get a aftermarket muffler but I have not because people are saying they sound like smit when MDS kicks in. I don't want to get one and then have to re-do it because I can't stand the sound.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
The MegaCabs 1500/2500 are on the 2500 frame/chassis. These only come equipped with the standard non mds Hemi engine. If you go to the build it now feature and select a 1500 quadcab the engine choices include 4.7l and 4.7l e85, then 5.7l hemi w/ mds. If you select a 1500 MegaCab the Hemi engine is all thats offered, no mention of mds at all.

KB

·
NJ by birth not by choice
124 Posts
yeah, remove the stock muffler and rear resonator. put a magnaflow or flowmaster on it and you will know for sure! when mds kicks in, it will sound like absolute crap!

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
doesnt sound like crap with my cherry bomb ;)

-i will try to get some sound clips soon

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fitpays said:
yeah, remove the stock muffler and rear resonator. put a magnaflow or flowmaster on it and you will know for sure! when mds kicks in, it will sound like absolute crap!

Yea, that is what I am worried about. I don't think that DC really knows what they are talking about. She put me on hold about 12 times during the call. I think them and the dealer really has no clue on how to look it up.

:VHOT:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I went today and got the magnaflow put on. I went for a drive down the freeway and it never changed tone. So DC has no clue on what is or is not on these.
So I think this myth is busted. 07 megacab 1500 with HEMI = NO MDS. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
i called dodge because the salesman said yes to mds,but dodge said no on the mega. to heavy. how do u like the magaflow? looking for a deep tone and the magnaflow sound clips sound deeper than any others.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the MDS and I think it's great. A truck this big and decent gas mileage to boot? Hell yeah!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dieseldoc1 said:
i called dodge because the salesman said yes to mds,but dodge said no on the mega. to heavy. how do u like the magaflow? looking for a deep tone and the magnaflow sound clips sound deeper than any others.
Magnaflow is what I have used on all my dodges. I think it sounds the best on the 360 back in the late 97's but I love the sound. It is not over bearing, but when you are at WOT, it is awsome.

SNIPER
The SC and QC, do have MDS. I am not sure about how much better MGP you get. On a long trip a few weeks ago I was getting 17.8 MPG. What does your quad cab get with MDS on straite highway miles? It would be interesting to see.

·
Mopar Kid
552 Posts
I will be getting a new truck in a few monthes and it will be 5.7 Ram and will be more than likely 07-08. So that means it will have MDS, its gonna be a street truck and i wanna put a lot of goodies, so i can laugh at chevy and fords(well not like i already do :) ). So, the main question is how do you get rid of it and can you mod heavly with it?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If it is not a megacab then I think you don't have a choice. You can still mod with it, it will just sound funny with after market exhaust. Maybe someone else will know if you can disable it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
umm cant you just look at ur sticker is says what hemi it has i m sure the hemi mds adds another 990m dollars

·
New Project!...Again!
3,261 Posts
Doesnt the MDS have a different head? It would have to have some sort of connector or plug/accutator somewhere to turn the mds on or off. Can someone with MDS please confirm if their heads have a different style or added plug somewhere... Here is a pic of my engine bay. 05 so it is a for sure non MDS....lol

:VHOT: Photobucket wont let me get in to get that link. I will post it up though as soon as i can.

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
If you have MDS you can only disable it by using the tow/haul mode. The computer has to disable it. You can't disable it manually since it shuts fuel, spark off to the cylinders and modifies the position of the butterflies to compensate for the reduced air flow. The only thing you can control is disconnecting the solenoids for the valve shut down but you engine wouldn't run unless you can do them all. It would require a reprogram of the PMC to do it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.