DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. A couple of months ago I picked up a 2007 GC from a friend. I was able to fix a number of little problems myself, but one of the last things on the list is also one of the most annoying -- the power liftgate beeper. It beeps four loud, obnoxious beeps on the way up and four more on the way down. I find it irritating to the max and I'm sure my neighbors feel the same. I want to disable the beeper, but I haven't been able to find anything on YouTube or anywhere else that tells how to do it or even where the beeper is located. I'm hoping someone out there who knows a lot more than I do can shed some light on how to go about doing this. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Phil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AHA!! Figured it out. Turns out the beeper is in the plastic trim piece right above the rear license plate. This trim piece also holds the two small bulbs that illuminate the plate and the switch that lets you manually open the liftgate.

I LOVE having the beeper disabled! Best of all, it's a dirt-simple job that shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. Here's how to do it:

You'll need a medium-size Phillips screwdriver and a T30 Torx wrench to remove the four screws that hold the trim piece to the liftgate. Inside the trim piece, on the left side, is the beeper. There are four wires going to it: no guarantee yours will be the same colors, but on my 2007 GC there is a white wire with a blue stripe, a purple wire with a blue stripe, a black wire with a blue stripe, and a black wire with an orange stripe. You want to cut only the white/blue and black/blue wires. Cut one and seal the end with electrical tape before cutting the other, to avoid a possible short. Leave the purple/blue and black/orange wires intact, otherwise you will be disabling the power liftgate feature as well. Ask me how I know . . . . .

And that's it. Put the trim piece back on and you're done. One thing you will notice is a 2-3 second delay between pushing the button and the liftgate moving. That's the time the beeper would normally be sounding off before the liftgate starts to move. No big deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts