DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here, traded to this 96 ram 1500 slt. needs core support and fender, i see the 4th gen bumper conversion but, will the whole clip(fenders, hood, core support, bumper) bolt up?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Nah,,,just weld it on and climb in the windows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, guess ill paint 01 on the side and call it a day. joined forum to get info not smart ass comments. thanks

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
dannewman said:
Nah,,,just weld it on and climb in the windows.
DK, but I'm guessing this meant the fit/swap is not even close, and not meant as a smart remark in any way.
... Myself, kinda thought it warranted a funny response.

... Welcome to DT GUNNI304; ya, sometimes ya find a laugh around here, helps to put us sometimes frustrated ram owners at ease, lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ehh just wasn't a good first impression. found out with a little work hardest part is getting the hood to fit right, other than that the fenders fit pretty well. will post pics soon. also, i put in a new radiator, im usually a chevy guy and use to coolant running through the water pump not the timing cover, will this cause the coolant in the radiator to not churn the same at the radiator cap? previous owner has receipt of water pump replacement.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
After water pump replacement watch for coolant leaks between timing cover and block; a slight air leak there, like anywhere during the "slow" cooling/refill cycle, can mess up cooling systems ability to withdraw coolant from reservoir. ... No difference at the rad.
... Install clamps at "both" ends of hose from rad to reservoir (again, the slight air leak thing can be a real xxxxxxx headache, and waste of $$$).
... If ya live in a cool clime; REVERSE FLUSH heater core "bigtime" (non diesel 2G htr cores are notorious for plugging/piss poor heat, and 195* stat. Otherwise many like 180

... So what hood/fenders are on that 96???

·
Registered
823 Posts
There's a truck o cardomain with a similar setup. Suppose anythings possible with enough money/work. I had big plans once for a 1946 Dodge complete body on my 89' W100 plow truck. The body sold in a package deal to a guy in the next town.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well after water pump and radiator, climate control switch, thanks for the heads up on the heater core btw, flushed it out. it has all oem 95 parts but found that someone streched the fender and inner fender back out as well as the core support thats why id like the just do a conversion. fenders are $50-100 cheaper on the 06-08 than the 94-01 just in case it gets hit again. also found out that not all 94-01 bumper brackets are the same. also had the pleasure of doing the door pins the other night. i respect dodge mechanics so much more now lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.