Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yea im gonna go pick up a black RT AWD wit everything on it
a couple questions

1. The AWD is prolly slower than the RWD, but how much slower?

2. And I always wondered how fast the 3.5L are in 0 to 60mph?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Why do you think it's slower?

It may be quicker off the line w/traction to all 4.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
hedgehog said:
Why do you think it's slower?

It may be quicker off the line w/traction to all 4.
Its definitely going to be heavier with the front diff and t-case, so therefore slower.. But I agree, off the line with no wheelspin should help.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd love to drive one just to feel the difference. I hope DCX did it right.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the AWD Magnum RT and I don't feel any pull on the highway. In fact, it feels like any RWD in normal driving.

When you hit a corner very fast, it does have a strange tendency for the steering to become very light. That is the only way I can describe it... if you are in a sharp corner and moving fast, the steering resistance becomes less rather than more... kinda weird.

As far as being slower, it probably is slightly slower from the added weight - just a guess but I would say 2 or 3 tenths at most. I am not sure that the additional traction off the line would make up for the weight. The difference would probably come down to the reaction times between drivers anyway.

Now if you start adding major h.p. with nitrous, blowers, turbos or whatever then the additional traction off the line would probably make a bigger difference as long as the AWD system could handle the extra power/ torque.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Didn't expect a RWD R/T show up. Too cool and thanks for your thoughts and comments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.