DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
StormTroopin'
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it's time to get rid of my stock goodyear tires as my 2007 QCSB Ram 4.7L V8 2wd is about to reach 40k miles. I'm thinking about getting either a 3" PA or Zone body lift and running bigger tires. Before someone tells me to use the "search" function, I've been searching for the past 2 hours and still have questions.

1) Would a PA or Zone body lift be more reliable?

2) What is the biggest tire I can run w/out rubbing (Truck has NO level kit but if I do get a 3" body lift I will be getting 1" wheel spacers) and what tires would you recommend? I've heard good things about Cooper Zeons and BF Goodrich A/T

3) Will I need longer shocks to prevent "topping" out?

4) Anyone who has installed a body lift and body lift only, please post pics and any pros/cons associated w/ the lift.

5) How badly will the stock ride be affected, will the truck feel a lot different to drive?

Thanks I appreciate the help!

-Blake

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
1) I had a 3" BL from PA on a 2000 Dodge Ram 4x4 and didn't have any issues with reliability.

2) I would stay around a 33 x 12.5 tire or a little narrower. If you put a leveling kit on the front then a 35" tire should fit. The BFG's are a good AT tire IMHO. I've never had Coopers.

3) NO; you don't need longer shocks. You're just lifting the body.

4) The only con I had with that body lift on the 2000 Ram was that it didn't come with the rear bumper relocation brackets to raise it up 3" to match the rest the of the truck. You are not supposed to use the bumper for any towing after you raise it but it can be used if you know how to weld and fabricate metal. The stock exhaust tail pipe looks like crap hanging down when the body is lifted 3" IMHO. These are just knit picking but the BL kit itself was just fine. I never had any issues with it.

5) Your stock ride shouldn't be affected at all. Mine wasn't. Depending on what tires you go with can affect the ride a little but you probably won't notice it.

Good luck with it and post some pics when it's done.

I'm planning on putting a 3" BL on my current 07 Ram in the near future myself as soon as I can get rid of these crappy Goodyears. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.