DodgeTalk Forum banner

06's - 08's Ram QC 4x4_ Any vibrations once in 4x4 mode - before leveling or lifting?

• Yes

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • None Of The Above

Votes: 2 3.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Too much violence
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06's - 08's Ram QC 4x4_ Any vibrations once in 4x4 mode - before leveling or lifting?

· HEMIENV
252 Posts
yes...been to the dealer for it 4 times now...they say it's normal and finally let me drive another truck comparable to mine...brand new 07....and 08 both did the same thing, they say that it's supposed to when it's not in severe conditions and not to used 4x4 hi and lo when not in those conditions...
but my problem is also the brakes shaking 95% of the time in just regular 2wd mode, 4x4 shake was just an add on problem lol

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
Yes, before leveling and after with 2".. Only vibrates when I stomp on it,.. But goes away after I let off, or cruise at a normal speed..

I can live with it..

· Too much violence
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm happy to report that my (07 Ram 1500 QC 4x4) has no vibrations at all, while in 4x4 mode.

· Too much violence
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
tim_web said:
yes...been to the dealer for it 4 times now...they say it's normal and finally let me drive another truck comparable to mine...brand new 07....and 08 both did the same thing, they say that it's supposed to when it's not in severe conditions and not to used 4x4 hi and lo when not in those conditions...
but my problem is also the brakes shaking 95% of the time in just regular 2wd mode, 4x4 shake was just an add on problem lol
I remember jumping into my truck, and switching to 4x4 mode, looking for vibrations as soon as I heard about the (06 QC 4x4 vibration) problem. Something I never found, as I mentioned above, and the weather was great here at the time. This is the main reason why I put up the poll. Your dealer is full of sheep-dip, there has to be a specific reason why some trucks have it, and others don't. Wow - this is the first time I've heard of it.

· Registered
52 Posts
I used to have a vibrations whenever I was driving the truck. I finally changed out the stock crap Goodyears for soem BFG's and the vibration went away. I wouldn't say that is the same thing you have though.

I drive my truck in 4 wheel drive most of the winter at speeds up to 80km/h and I never noticed it. In fact the truck is in 4wheel hi right now. I will check it in the morning, maybe it is something I over looked.

· Registered
20 Posts
None here on my 2007 Hemi 4X4.

· 2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,645 Posts
any 08 guys debadge their bighorn on the tailgate yet? they redesigned em for 08 and i need 1 more...i have 1 already from ebay

· Rangers lead the way
65 Posts
vibration

seems like the heavy duty shocks like the off road package or the new rancho keps the truck from vibrating from what i have been ready so it seems that the weaker shocks used in the other models might be the reason for it also was looking and skyjacker now makes a leveling strut for the 06 and newer trucks for 129 thought i would share that not sure ofspecs but pricce is alot better

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
airborne1113 said:
seems like the heavy duty shocks like the off road package or the new rancho keps the truck from vibrating from what i have been ready so it seems that the weaker shocks used in the other models might be the reason for it also was looking and skyjacker now makes a leveling strut for the 06 and newer trucks for 129 thought i would share that not sure ofspecs but pricce is alot better

I have the TRX offroadd and mine vibrates

· Registered
273 Posts
Yup, mines got the 4wd vibe goin on. Makes me mad :VHOT: . I like the truck otherwise, but I am an anal perfectionist, especially with my trucks, and any one little thing that is wrong I like to fix, and this 4wd vibe, can't be fixed! Uuuuugggggh! I gotta go call my shrink!!! On a more serious note, I am going thru the NYS Lemon Law for this very issue. Hey Mudchucker, has it been a week yet?!!! Hey, at least I didn't do the 5 paragraph post I usually do!!!

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
Lol, we can half it, half in my sig, half in yours, lol..........

· I hate WINTER!!!
472 Posts
My new truck has to be the best one yet for me as far as smoothness and such.Last friday i got to try the 4wd and it was smooth with no vibration either.I have the 2in leveling kit .Its weird how some do it and some dont.

· Registered
13 Posts
i noticed it a little the one time i had it in full time 4 wheel drive on smooth roads. i don't notice it at all when it is in auto mode, even when the 4X4 is in use. I have an 07 Quad Cab TRX4......anyone notice a weird suttle vibration in the motor when the MDS is working?

· Dodge Tech
1,649 Posts
08 hemi sport yeah i got a very bad vibration on turns. just strted tonight. its a very had thumb that shakes ths whole truck. think i gotta blown rear and its not a posi.

· Registered
179 Posts
For once I lucked out, I am thankful to report no vibrations in my '07 4X4 in 2WD or 4X4. I was on the freeway today in the middle of a downpour at about 70MPH in 4X4 smooth as can be. (I hope i didnt just jinx myself by writing this post!!)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.