DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, i had a feeling that the srt10 push button was alot easier to do in the 06 trucks. I had an 05 and went throught hell getting the parts. I googled a vin for a 06 srt-10 and called me dealer. the only parts you need is the switch which is 35 bucks and the bezel which is a small square that replaces the blank square in the left of the lower radio bezel. i have 50.00 in the parts. I am having a problem wiring the switch in, I have an slt w/ remote start. has anyone been able to make a push to start work in the 06? if so where did you connect the wires. i get a click from my starter, almost like there is not enough power to turn it.

THANKS
SNKX

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
just buy an srt 10 :p

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
shadowsnkx said:
ok guys, i had a feeling that the srt10 push button was alot easier to do in the 06 trucks. I had an 05 and went throught hell getting the parts. I googled a vin for a 06 srt-10 and called me dealer. the only parts you need is the switch which is 35 bucks and the bezel which is a small square that replaces the blank square in the left of the lower radio bezel. i have 50.00 in the parts. I am having a problem wiring the switch in, I have an slt w/ remote start. has anyone been able to make a push to start work in the 06? if so where did you connect the wires. i get a click from my starter, almost like there is not enough power to turn it.

THANKS
SNKX

Welcoime to DT shadow! Glad to see another Mississippi brother on DT. I know there are tons of posts on the SRT start button, but I honestly havent seen much on the 06 specific application.

What do you do in Laurel? Ever make it to Jack-town?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I think I did it to the purple brown. I will try the other! Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is the wire I have it on. Still not working

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
IGNITED PERFORMANCE Buttons fir right in the cig lighter

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I prefer the look prefer factory over aftermarket

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the wire is green with a yellow marking. When i push the switch it just keeps clicking............. untill i release it.

·
15,904 Posts
One side if the start button needs to be a switched power source and the other side if the switch needs to be the starter wire. I suggest T-Taps. That way you do not need to cut any wires. I do not know which color the starter wire is that is located in the harness underneath the steering column.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
uncbob said:
IGNITED PERFORMANCE Buttons fir right in the cig lighter

Im going to be getting one this winter, was wondering if paint thinner can remove the text above Engine Start. Does it seem like it can uncbob?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
parts

3D7HA18H66G269131
give this vin to your parts guy, tell him u need the bezel and the push to start switch. no wiring. the bezel you need is square (where the blank one is in your dash. sorry I just moved and I have misplaced ther part nums.

·
15,904 Posts
maka said:
Im going to be getting one this winter, was wondering if paint thinner can remove the text above Engine Start. Does it seem like it can uncbob?
It might, but I don't think the plastic will look as good. I think it will dull it. Plastic does not react well to paint thinner.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
maka said:
I highly doubt it but I haven't tried it

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,864 Posts
hmmm I will have to figure out something....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.