DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys this is just my rant and if anyone has had problems like this let me know. I recently purchased a 2006 Dodge QC 1500 Hemi. Love this truck, wiping it down daily you know the normal new truck love. First problem....I noticed the front end squeaked when you made a turn and when going over bumps. I think oh no big deal, just bushings talking to me being new and all. Went on Dodge Talk and (hey look there I am not the only one). So I get up under the front of the truck one day with the lube in hand to start spraying bushings.

Well guess what I notice on the front sway bar, control arm, whatever the hell you call it that is bolted to the front of both the left and right frame. It was bent in on the passenger side. I noticed that when I pushed up on the truck and pulled down on the bar you can feel the squeak through the arm. The bar was rubbing on the frame and a piece of paper could not even be placed in between the frame and the bar. On the other side the bar sits about half an inch out or so from the frame. So I call Dodge they tell me bring it in and we will look at it. They say yep its bent. Now mind you this truck only has 2000 miles on it all highway. So they say we will order a new one and put it on next week, along with the leaky power steering seal (that is another story).

Well monday they installed a new arm and I get the call. Jon the guy says I got good news and bad news. The leak in the power steering is fixed but the sway bar is still rubbing on the frame after we installed the new one. So we are going to send it to our body shop and they are going to take some measurements on the frame to see if it is tweaked or bent. I say what the F*** do you mean if it is tweake or bent it is a brand new truck. He says yea well it could have been placed into the jig and welded up wrong or put together slightly out of whack. But until we get it to the body shop for measurements we wont know. Then he proceeds to tell me that if it is indeed the frame we will get Chrysler involved and go from there. I ask him what the hell that means and he tells me well we have never run into this problem before so thats about all we got right now.

I didn't hear anything from them today about the truck so hopefully I will hear something tomorrow. I guess if the frame is bent I am going to be going through a lenghty process of getting a new truck. Just my luck. Sorry the post was so long just needed to vent a little. Anyone else have something like this happen?

·
Founder, Jus Cuz Designs
816 Posts
I dunno if it's the same problem but I was in the parking lot at the mall the other night and a beautiful black 06 qc ran over the speed bumps and made the most god awful squeaking noise I've ever heard. I found that funny for a new truck

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
I've never heard of a bent frame from the factory but I guess anythings possible.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
06 trucks NOW have moveable lower control arms for the alignments instead of the uppers(02-05)........heres the part that gets good.....the sway bar mounts to the frame in rubber bushings which allow it to rotate up and down and slide side to side........the ends of the sway bar are connected to the lower a-frames via swaybar endlinks.......what happens when the alignment is done and the lower a-frame gets repositioned in its mounts for the correct alignment??? Answer is the parts attached to the lower a-arm also move in relation to it...........so if your sway bar is touching the frame on one side and not the other its probably becuase the a-frames had to be adjusted for the alignment and caused this problem. 02-05 would never have this isssue because the lower a-frame is positively located in its mount and can only pivot up and down with suspension movement. This may be an issue thats resolved by shorter endlinks on the sway bar or something close if many other 06 owners are experiencing the same issue.

Lets us know how this pans out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slammed1, I understand what your saying, but what doesnt make sense to me is why the one side is actually rubbing the frame. I understand that the sway bar moves, from side to side and the roatation in the bushings but the only way for it to move back, would be for it to get bent back, because the bushings hold it out from the frame that half inch or so. So it seems to me (maybe I am wrong). They said so far, I am the only one who has brought one in like this, but I am super finatic about noises so maybe there are more to come if the case is as slammed1 mentioned.

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
NewBlue 06, what dealer is it located at? I only ask because i as well am in san antonio and have alot of experience with dealership work being i have 2 rams in the family and they both come to me first before heading out to the stealership. I have an 06 as well and can honestly say that I have never had this problem before. But my assesment is that either it was loaded up onto the truck and was tweaked when they tied it down, or they did an alignment and didnt know what they were doing with this new truck. Personally just sit back and let them do the work and dont rush them too much. And if you feel you are missing something with your truck gone i will take you mine and you can wash it to fill that void in your heart. J/k but good luck in whatever happens and keep us informed

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well no news so far on what it may be it is now Thursday. I am taking your advice BigBlk and leaving them to do whatever it is that they do. I bought the truck at Lone Star Dodge off IH10 service department seems o.k. so far but the truck is supposed to be somewhere off 35 at the body shop. Service guy said they do not do body work there at Lone Star. I will keep everyone updated, hopefully I do not get screwed in this deal. And by the way BigBlk I will be glad to wash it, but I have to drive it afterwards to make sure it is nice and dried off. Wouldn't want any water spots :drivingz:

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
not a problem here, just to see you fill that void is good for me. :cheers:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well I guess your not alone on this one my stinkin truck is doing the same thing it's very annoying.Did they ever get it cleared up?If so what did they do?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
02ramman said:
Well I guess your not alone on this one my stinkin truck is doing the same thing it's very annoying.Did they ever get it cleared up?If so what did they do?
you may have a different issue...check the hood...ther are supports that can adjust...the noise sounds like squeaky bushings but once you adjust them up...the noise goes away...it did in my case... check this thread out:

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121142

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I wondered why they changed the frame etc on the 06s since it was done for the 02s as part of the new model issue

Welcome to the 21st centrury and all the advanced CAD that makes the new vehicles so technically superior

Makes you want to scream

·
Registered
238 Posts
chefred112 said:
you may have a different issue...check the hood...ther are supports that can adjust...the noise sounds like squeaky bushings but once you adjust them up...the noise goes away...it did in my case... check this thread out:

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121142
I'll try just for fun but it really is'nt a squeak it's more of a pop,like metal hitting metal.

·
Hemi4Me
488 Posts
Any news yet?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well I adjusted the hood and it seem to have helped,I think the hood was hitting the fender when I would hit a bump while turning right.I hope that was it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I guess i was wrong it's coming from the suspension somewhere.I can for the life of me figure where it's hitting.It's really pissing me off it's sounds like an old beat truck. :mad:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey blue 06 have you heard from the dealership?What's up with your truck?

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...I would adjust it even more...mine sounded like an old squeaky bushing..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK guys, finally got the truck back! I have had it for a week but went on vacation and didnt have time to let yall know what was going on. They replaced shimmed the front sway bar. It seemed to fix the problem and I have no more squeak. I was really pissed about this at the time, but they say it was a Dodge approved fix. I lost the squeak in the back as well, but they say they did not put the frame on a machine to realign (sp) the frame. Who knows, I now that it is fixed and I dont have to listen to it squeak any more and I am happy with it for now. If it squeaks I would take it in and have them look at it.

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
:drivingz: lets go hit up the streets now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.