DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Triple R
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 CTD overhead computer would give me instant fuel economy as well as average. With my 2006, I can only get an overall average to come up. It was just kinda nice to see how your mileage changed according to how you drove. Am I missing something or did they take that option away?????? Maybe something the dealer can add????

·
Registered
349 Posts
The '06's only have average mpg. Best you can do is get to cruising speed and hit the reset button to see you mpg.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I believe that feature went bye-bye in 2003. My 02 Ram had that feature as well, but my 04 does not.

KB

·
Registered
64 Posts
My old 2000 had the instant reading.... back then when gas prices did not have a 3 as the first digit... it was fun to see now low the instant reading was under hard acceleration.

I tried hitting reset on the way to work today on my 06... and was getting 15.9 on the overhead on the freeway.... WOW my stop and go driving is really killing my average.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I hit reset on my '07 last night on the way home to see what I was getting. normal after work driving was getting 23.4 with mds, and 19.8 with the tow/haul on. top speed was only 45mph though too.

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
I guess Dodge thought we get scared when we see the true value of Fuel being injected. I had that feature in other vehicles, typically the numbers get ridiculously low for mpg readings. You most likely don't make a mile to the gallon under WOT and acceleration.

·
Triple R
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, guys. Kinda sucks they took that feature away, but like you said HemiBoatPuller, it would cost alot more now to watch the number get smaller, so I guess the novelty of watching it go up and down when you punch the gas, kinda loses its effect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.