DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got in the mail.... DaimlerChrysler has determined that some 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 pick-up trucks may be equipped with an improperly funtioning on-board emission-related diagnostic system that violates California and Federal regulations. These regulations were established to protect the public health or welfare from the danger of air pollution.

The problem is... The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) on your vehicle was inadvertently programmed with diagnostic software that is unable to detect certain oxygen sensor malfunctions. As a result, the Malfuntion Idicator Lamp may not illuminate if the oxygen sensor fails.. blah blah blah.. takes 1/2 hour at the dealer... etc etc...

In order to assure your full protection under the emission warranty provisions, it is recommended that you have your vehicle serviced as soon as possible. Failure to do so could be determined as lack of proper maintenance of your vehicle.

Then it ends with thier records indicating that my vehicle require repair for two other notifications... F41 and F40... WTF?

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
dayum.. guess they can fix that when they fix my steering column that never locks..

·
Registered
527 Posts
F41 and F40 are the passenger seat belt and airbag. I just bought mine a month ago and had to sign a waiver before I could leave the lot. They came and got it and did the repair a couple of days later.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I am a long way from California, the wife sits in the center so she isn't affected by a malfunctioning air bag, there seems to be plenty of oxygen here, I didn't buy a multi ton ram to save the planet and I am all for one less thing to cause an idiot light to go off...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.