DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have an 06 mega with Factory infinity system along with a pioneer avic and the corresponding PAC radio interface. Everything had been working well for years but then the system developed a parasitic drain with the factory amp. If I leave the fuse out for the amp, I can leave the truck parked for a month and still start. with the fuse in battery will be dead in 2 days. It has a constant 2amp drain.

Is there anything I can look at to fix it or?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well, that's a pretty specialized electronics question, but off the top of my head I'd say it's probable you've developed a short in the amp section, either a stuck (or fused) internal relay, or a shorted capacitor.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that's a pretty specialized electronics question, but off the top of my head I'd say it's probable you've developed a short in the amp section, either a stuck (or fused) internal relay, or a shorted capacitor.
Thanks, I wasn't sure if there was a common problem somewhere that causes the amp not to go to sleep.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks, I wasn't sure if there was a common problem somewhere that causes the amp not to go to sleep.
That's also a possibility, but I'd think you'd have to have a stuck or shorted relay for that to occur. Without knowing anything about the amp it's hard to say. It might be switched by 5 cent transistor that's gone bad, too.

·
1973 Dodge B100
9 Posts
Good Job Troubleshooting!
Possible another audio component that is powered on the same circuit?
but sounds like you found the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts