DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HEMIENV
253 Posts
:gr_bs: yes definately would have liked to see an SRT-8 hemi durango :drivingz: before the jeep, more looking like the origional concept!!! :cool:

·
Investigator
992 Posts
:metoo: :gr_bs: :gr_bs: :gr_bs: i'm definitely p!ssed.. i would love to have that power.. or even better having an SRT 10 Durango w/ AWD. I read the jeep will have awd, and they had to upgrage the axles to handle the power. I have the awd D and figure I cant supercharge without snapping something. :VHOT: now i can be beat on the line by a jeep :mad:

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Word from the factory right now is there won't be an SRT model of the Durango.... and I recently asked one insider about the possibilty of an "R/T" model with a few upgrades, and I was told that this also is unlikely.

As long as sales are good (which they are), I guess they don't feel compelled to add models.

·
Investigator
992 Posts
:nutkick: :bawl:

:gr_bs: :gr_bs: :gr_bs: :gr_bs:

i wonder if I could swap the axels from the jeep onto my D? I REALLY want more power, but doubt the stockers could take it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I remember correctly it's no longer 89 oct. but 93 oct for the 6.1L. For 415hp to 425 hp I would still do it, wich is easy for me to say since I have a company vehicle Monday thru Saturday.

·
Registered
758 Posts
After reading the article, it sounds like a little more than just axles. You're talking transfer case, output shafts, drive shafts.....lots of fun. And don't forget all the tires you'll be burning through. :rck: Of course the D is 1000+lbs heavier than a GC. It would still screw for a 5000lb vehicle.

How about a blown SRT-8 6.1L Durango. Now we're talkin'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.