Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
1 TIM 6:12 Fight RIGHT!!
2,160 Posts
Dodge_Tomahawk said:
Both sides now complete.
What NO DETAILS?? How hard was it to mod? Brighter? More pics?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Looks good man. Like I always say, you come up with some pretty trick stuff.

KB

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts

·
Ultimate Design
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You KB112 for the comment and Bubba for the link help,i appreciate that.

I wanted to post the complete front view instead of just leaving it like the old post of 1 light done and angle shot instead of head on view with 2 completed.

I have updated my previous top post,to show what the vehicle looked like in the spring of 2002,i bought it in the fall of 2001.I had to go back in my head when i found this pic and remembered i installed the fog lights in the spring..lol.

Obviously you can see the difference in light size and shape when compared to the stockers and the general vehicle itself when compared to todays 2006 view.

Thanks again!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Complete transformation... and danm it looks nice.

I just wish they didn't use the shatter glass like they are in these new lights. :(

·
2005 Power Wagon
357 Posts
Nicely done!

·
Ultimate Design
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bubba,,,Thanks Quad

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I think the nicest thing about it... but at the same time the most worthless feeling that it's accompanied with... is that it looks so great and just flows that the whole front end doesn't stand out as being any different other then a hood and air damn compared to other trucks out there... '06s at least.

You have to really know the truck to know the difference... and even then it'd take a couple looks and spoting other details that would tell you just what's been done here.

·
[]D [] []v[] []D
808 Posts
Very clean, thats a HUGE difference btw.

·
15,912 Posts
What I can't understand is why Tomahawk has not been TOTM yet with everything he has done to his ride!! He get's my vote until he wins!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
how did you get an 06/07 grill to match up with a 02-05 bumper?

·
Ultimate Design
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
how did you get an 06/07 grill to match up with a 02-05 bumper?
Wow..old post that goes back to my earlier chrome bumper.

The chrome bumper is not the problem as they are the same from 02-08...the way to do it is the cover that sits ontop of the chrome bumper...you take an 02-05 cover and transfer the rounds under the headlights over to the 06/07 cover...plastic weld from the back side...bondo the front and paint.

This way the lower corner angles match up with the angles of the 06/07 grill shell.

The 06/07 grill shell is a direct bolt on to the 02-08 hoods.

I most recently completed this type of transfer to the 2006 SRT10 Cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
I see your up to it again. :D Nice job as usual. :tup:

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
now you just need to make somwe sets for the rest of us to buy lol

·
Ultimate Design
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks 4404spd....your Daytona rear spoiler and the shaker hood go good together...your change over from the srt stuff was the way to go to give individuality.

I was surprised to see this thread up.....just responding to... Mxtime question.

DeMoN-HeMi....if your talking about the headlights,i wont make another set of them because its a bitch to make one pair and another bitch to get them resealed properly so they dont leak or fog because your basically turning everything to junk..then you have to put a square peg in a round hole and make it work...the whole back section over near the turn signal is lengthened and fiberglassed on the backside.

If your talking about the bumper cover and transferring the rounds over...Member Hurst Collision is capable of doing this type of transfer.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
lol like THAT will happen...

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Dodge_Tomahawk said:
Thanks 4404spd....your Daytona rear spoiler and the shaker hood go good together...your change over from the srt stuff was the way to go to give individuality.
Thanks for the compliment. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.