DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get a definant yes or no answer on will stock 20s and nitto mud grappler 35 in tires fit with little to no rubbing? thanks

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
U got a lift????

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
would probably have minor rub on the the control arm...might need spacers to clear 100%

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
how wide of tire are you looking to get?

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
12.5 you should be good, might need a 1/4" space(might not) I'm thinking a 13.5 will rub hard.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone have stock rims with 35s with no spacers and no rubbing or minor rubbing if there is a set of tires that wont rub then ill get them thanks guys

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
You will rub with 12.5 on the chrome clad 20x9's

·
Registered
1 Posts
just so you know i have the mud grappers (33") dont expect much mileage out of them other then that there great in the snow and rain.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I went with 275/65/20 tires (34.1") so I would not rub the a -arm. Close fit. You be very lucky to get 35 x 12.50 on the stock rims not to rub.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just put on a set of BFG all terrain in a 285/65/20 size. This is a 34.7 or 35 inch tire and have no rub at all. I don't have a torsion bar crank or spacers or any other kind of mods to clear them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Cbruce, your truck has a different suspension than 2006-up. you have torsion bars and we have coil overs. you have more clearance in the a-arm.

·
Registered
195 Posts
CBRUCE said:
I just put on a set of BFG all terrain in a 285/65/20 size. This is a 34.7 or 35 inch tire and have no rub at all. I don't have a torsion bar crank or spacers or any other kind of mods to clear them.
If possible, would you mind posting a few pics of the tires. I'd like to see how they look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tires

I Just Bought Cooper Dicoverer Stt 33 12.50 On My Stock 20 With No Lift They Rub Hard At 3/4 Turn On The Sidewall Not The Tread Putting Rough Country Leveling Kit 2.5 Inch Front 1 Inch On Back To See If That Helps Or Not But I Am Thinking It Wont I Will Get Back With You If It Does Or Doesnt

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is the major rubbing while turning or constant even with the wheels straight? i can deal with alittle rubbing while hard turning. and i decided not to go with the nitto because they get no kind of mileage and for that much for tires i got to get some use out of them. so what kind of tire has a pretty aggresive tread but with good mileage. i currently have 33s on factory 17 inch rims. i have a guy wanting to trade my 17 for his 20s but i want 35s so if they wont work im not gonna waste my time and thanks for the post. you guys have helped alot.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Look for my post. I just got a set of toyo mt 35's. They are on my 2006 4x4 with level kit and factory 20's. They don't rub unless backing up in almost full lock. No I don't have any spacers on the truck either, just so you know. Best tires i've ever had by far.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
great ive looked at the toy mts i like them thanks for the input that is exactly what ive been trying to find out thanks alot

·
Registered
29 Posts
DrBaker I will take a couple of pics later tonight and try to figure out how to post them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts