DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

06 Charger Police car 5.7

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jeff Dodson 
#1 ·
I need help guys. above car, has 103 k it is a reserve car, but trying to keep it on line, I love the way ths car runs but the boss dont want to throw money at it and not fix it. here is the problem.

it stalls sometimes when you stop at lights etc... and mainly after i stop to fill it up. i drove it all morning at half a tank of fuel and never died. I filled it up and started dieing again. The car still runs STRONG, i chased sown a MUSTANG GT at 113mph and caught it...I put a new gas cap, its had the whole throttle body cleaned... it idles fine and then will just stumble and die. Starts right back up but it does it a couple times. then as I said, get down to about 1/2 tank and its fine.

I had this posted on the other Charger page but could not get any responses... Figured I would try here. Not an SRT8 but is a HEMI

#2 ·
A bad transmission filter change can cause that symptom. The weight of the gas might be leveling out the transmission amplifing the problem. A filter change with OEM filters, is my first thought.

#5 ·
If it would fail, I could figure out what to fix.... I just filled it up and it stalled twice, once at a stop light and once idling... then its OK... this thing runs strong. Another PD using the very same Chargers had the same problem, said it was a fuel module. I wonder if they are calling the ballast pump (Chryslers words) for the same because the part # the PD gave me was for the O-RING and the fuel module... they go in the tank. what procedure could I use to test it. also there is apparently two access panels for the gas tank. which one would be the fuel module and which one would be the fuel pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.