DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 166000 miles on my truck and I use it for work but I usually don't pull very much with it I have taken very well care of this truck and it has not been ran very hard at all for the most part but and it's old age it's starting to seem a little weak are there any cost efficient bolt on upgrades that I can gain more horsepower out of the ol truck and wake it up a little bit I mean I'm not talkin about complete teardown and bore it out type of job just yet but I'm contemplating something like remove some emissions crap and let it breathe a little bit let's truck don't plan on going to California anything like that but I know back in the day if you would remove all of that epa bullshit that is choking it down and holding it back it made a pretty good difference in bringing an old engine back to life I also thought about the idea of some type of performance chip but have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to computerized engines when it comes to this technological level does anybody have any advice on what brand of programmer or chip would be best fit for my truck and low maintenance as far as something I could just set it once and leave it alone any advice is greatly appreciated thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts