DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need someone with a 06-08 2wd to take some pics of your spindle and front shock/strut so i can do some comparision and figure out how to lower my truck 2/4!! Thanks in advance

·
Vroom, psssst
3,055 Posts
i need someone with a 06-08 2wd to take some pics of your spindle and front shock/strut so i can do some comparision and figure out how to lower my truck 2/4!! Thanks in advance
Are you dropping the transfer case/ front diff? If you are how much you want to sell it. how much you want for the t-case and front diff?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Do you want pics of the spindle on the truck? Ive got the drop spindle laying in my floor now.

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok let me clear this up
1 - not droping the 4wd im lowering my truck 2/4 hopefully
2 - i need pics or measurements of the 06+ strut assemble and spindle
3- i called McGaughys he said his kits would work on the 4wds BUT i want to find out myself!!

·
I pickle they.
737 Posts
I'll be workin on my truck tomorrow sir, if it's not too cold, I'll take off a front wheel and snap some for ya.

What pics/measurements do you need?

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just by looking the front suspensions looked the same to me the 2wd looked to sit a touch lower i couldnt even really tell!! everything looked the same the strut and the spindle!! i want to confirm this idea!!

·
I pickle they.
737 Posts
just by looking the front suspensions looked the same to me the 2wd looked to sit a touch lower i couldnt even really tell!! everything looked the same the strut and the spindle!! i want to confirm this idea!!
okay... so... like i just asked... what pics/measurements would you like?

·
Registered
411 Posts
theres 4wd guys on here using the 2/4 mcgaughys it fits no problem

·
Banned
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
mcgaughys kit 44014 2/4 drop kit is the kit you would want.
thank you tim
I talked to the guy at mcgaughys he claimed that there not even making a kit for the 4wds something about axle geometry and alignment, funny you can buy 2" lift spacers everywhere which i ran on my truck for over a year and they aligned out fine!! further more mcgaughys said nothing he has will work my only choice is the expensive ground force kit thats way over priced for a freaking coil spring and flip kit! Also the 06-08 2wds are not the same as the 4wd refering to the pics!! i looked at some at the dealership, 2wds use a coil spring and shock running through the middle, my 4x4 uses a strut assembly

mcgaughys kit 44014
Brand: McGaughy's
Product Line: McGaughy's Suspension Lowering Kits
Part Type: Suspension Lowering Kits
Part Number: MMC-44014
Primary Front Lowering Component: Spindle
Primary Rear Lowering Component: Shackle/Hanger
Front Shock/Struts Included: No
Rear Shocks Included: No
Hardware Included: Yes
Quantity: Sold as a kit.

Lowering Kit, 2 in. Front, 4.5 in. Rear, Dodge, Ram 1500 Pickup, 2006, 2WD, Kit

·
Registered
411 Posts
ur spindle in 2wd and 4wd r the same all u need for the front is 2in drop spindles the rear is the exact same as well

·
Registered
411 Posts
55belairtim is a mcgaughys dealer so i believe he knows what u need contact him he will get u what u need

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.