DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been searching around for a while and haven't come across anything and no one has been able to give me a straight answer, so I'm hoping this is the best place to get one.

I've been looking into some upgraded UCAs for my 07 1500 5.7 2wd QC and can't find any. Everything seems to be for 02-05 or for 4wd only. I've asked companies if their UCAs are compatible with my truck and they've all said IDK we haven't tried to find out.

So here I am, asking the geniuses and whiz' here at DT, to lend a helping hand (or .02). :dunno:

·
beech2000
83 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen the Moog parts and those are OEM parts correct?
I've been looking for something that's fabricated and an upgrade to the OEM part. I know CST used to make some for the 02-05 2wd and Zone Offroad makes them for the 06-15 4wd, but so far no luck on an 06-08 2wd application.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess what I need is the knowledge of whether or not the 4wd UCA will fit a 2wd. That way I can just get one made for a 4wd and just bolt it up (hopefully).

·
beech2000
83 Posts
I guess what I need is the knowledge of whether or not the 4wd UCA will fit a 2wd. That way I can just get one made for a 4wd and just bolt it up (hopefully).
Sorry I can't help you on that. Why are you needing anything but OEM replacement on a 2WD vehicle? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why does someone need to lift their truck?
:
I've seen a guy running around my city with a fab'd UCA and it looks good with his lift, and I've been thinking about a Maxtrac spindle lift so why get one without the other. Sure it'd work without it but I think it'd look better poking out from behind the wheel than OEM.

·
beech2000
83 Posts
Why does someone need to lift their truck?
:
I've seen a guy running around my city with a fab'd UCA and it looks good with his lift, and I've been thinking about a Maxtrac spindle lift so why get one without the other. Sure it'd work without it but I think it'd look better poking out from behind the wheel than OEM.
All right. Got it. Good luck and sorry I can't be of help.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
The Moog part numbers are the same for 2wd and 4wd 1500 so custom uppers for a 4wd should fit on your truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.