Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vibration (frame Beaming)

Help, I bought an 06 ram short box with the Hemi. And any speed above 45 mph the truck shakes. Look in my drivers side mirror and the box is just shaking all over.
Took to dealer and they load balanced the tires, and I told them it was worse, then they replaced 2 tires and it seemed better at first but now is vibrating again.
The service manager is telling me they call it frame beaming and is going to talk to the factory rep. and get back to me.
Anyone else out there having the same issue??
Any advise out there??
Thanks, :VHOT: :VHOT: :help: PUTT SKI

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
Frame Beaming????? gonna have to call BS on that one.... sounds like a delaying tactic to me... How many miles on it? Get satisfaction quick before you put too many on it.. good luck!

TJ

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sounds like a bad driveshaft. A bum shaft will cause some really really bad vibrations sometimes. * I know this b/c a good trick at our shop is too zip-tie wheel weights too each others driveshafts :D *

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The truck has 2500 miles on it. And I did not try weight in it but will. The dealer says they did all the measurements and checked the drive shaft for runout, of wich I do not believe they did.
Right now am waiting for a call back from the service adviser.
Thanks for the input, will keep ya up to speed, Putts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought an 06 Short cab/short bed 1500 4x4 Hemi a few months ago. Had the same symptoms you described. Tried putting around 325lbs in the bed, and it did the same thing. Even put some 20's on it (had 17s), and it dampened it a little. I drove three other trucks (06's) and it did the same thing. Not sure why, but it's worse in the SC/SB trucks. Something in the new frame/suspension design for 06 I suspect. I couldn't stand driving the truck, and didn't want to deal with it. So at 700 miles on the odometer, I traded it in for a left-over 05 SC/SB 2wd Hemi 1500. Drives as smooth as glass.

Jon
Oakdale, CT

05 Ram 1500 Hemi, 2wd, 3.55 peg leg, SC/SB
Magnaflow Cat-back is the only mod!
14.85 @ 90 (real track results)

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
One item of interest is that quad cabs have a rather large aluminum driveshaft which aids in dampning some minor vibrations,reg cabs have steel small diameter driveshafts which transfer vibrations a little more......seems driveshaft angle and balance are more critical on the reg cabs that quad cabs because this reason.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS, CSXT665
I TALKED TO THE REP TONIGHT AND AM GOING TO TRY ANOTHER DEALER AND WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS??
I would like them to fix it or give me my money back!!
How much did money came out of your pocket or did the dealer work with you. A good dealer would. We have new owners at the dealership here and so far are very disappointed.
Thanks again, Putts :gr_patrio

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I traded my '03 because of a vibration that DC finally gave up on. Beaming eh??? Kinda makes me think of sweater bumpers, not truck frames.
BTW, just for thought cause I ain't no rocket scientist but a dampener makes something wet. A "damper" absorbs vibrations. Someone told me that a while back...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Help me out here how many people have a vibration or a bumpy ride at anything over 50 mph????
I think DCs needs to replace some engineers!!!!!!!!
Thanks, :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: Putts

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have an 06 Quad Cab 4x4 with 20" factory wheels. I have a vibration between 65-75 mph - got my wheels re-balanced and rotated - still there. It also is a bit bumpy ride overall. I am planning on going to new Bilsteins all around when they come out for the 06's - hoping that solves the ride quality. Its not terrible, just not great.

I know, i know, it is a truck, so its not going to ride like a car - i just expected a bit smoother ride for a 2006 truck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Putt we have already talked. Mine starts vibration around 60 unloaded. With my trailer it is at 50mph and is 15x worse than it is when unloaded. Mine is going back wed. I hope they figgure something out.

3 trips to tire shop. 2 new tires all 4 ballanced several times.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well I drove a new 06 today with 20s as a test for the dealer to prove it is "normal" i hooked my trailer up and it did the same thing as my truck. The tech actually told me that unloaded that truck vibrates worse than mine does! DCX needs to get off thier butt on this one. :VHOT:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just bought my 06 3 weeks ago, its been in the shop 3 times now for the vibration. Mine comes on at 40 goes away at 50, then comes back at 70 and get worse the faster you go from there. They swapped all four 20" wheels and tires, didnt help! They actually have it overnight "trying" to figure it out. Sounds like a problem to me. I thought I was just to picky. My 04 never felt like this one. I'm pissed!!! I told them to replace the driveshaft and u-joints, it feels like drivetrain to me :VHOT: :dunno:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Hopefully they do something for you guys, that sucks. Maybe it has something to do with the new frame/suspension combo.

·
White J-Hawk
109 Posts
Have them look at your driveshaft- Has been an issue

·
Registered
74 Posts
The tech told me he checked the drive shaft and it was perfect. Today i drove about 30 miles around 60mph and all i can say is THERE IS A PROBLEM it is NOT NORMAL. my vibration at 60 is now almost as bad as it was with the trailer at 50!

Onlyone i see yours is 2x4 are the rest 4x4? Maby we can narrow this down. Oh yea Onlyone I am glad yours went away with tires. I wish mine would have.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.