DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, here is what i got sofar, took the plugs out, they are black (2wks old) and the gap went from 35 to 10 on two of them, the compression is 185/200, the throttle body flap is twisted outta round, and the intake manifold ( that nice plastic) has two cracks and the corner of it blew off, i found it on top of my water pump! For sure a nitrous backfire, seems like i took a shot of n20 and no fuel, but now i need to locate a manifold and a throttle body!! :help:

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
Time to go find a junkyard HEMI. There has to be some around. I have seen a few totaled ones around my area, and its not that populated here. So in Miami, there has to be a totaled one there somewhere.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
exactly what I was afraid of. tyr Ebay for the manifold.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Gap went from 35 to 10? Any damage to the plugs otherwise?

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Your compression #'s were even though? Did they perform a leak down test?

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Definetly agree with you about the n20 backfire. No damage to Plugs=HAPPY. Sucks you have to find another intake. Good luck, can't wait to see it up and running again!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Think they will comeout with an aftermarket intake and fastman TB or any Performance TB for the hemi?

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
190psi max? I'm pretty sure you should have higher readings than that.

I may be wrong, but if Honda vehicles can have over 200psi for an inline four...then what about V8s?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hemi Pete said:
190psi max? I'm pretty sure you should have higher readings than that.

I may be wrong, but if Honda vehicles can have over 200psi for an inline four...then what about V8s?
Smaller engines generally run more compression then larger ones to make up for the lack of displacement.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Villains said:
Smaller engines generally run more compression then larger ones to make up for the lack of displacement.
Aaaahhhh, clever Mr. Bond! :D

Thanks. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
251 Posts
I believe the 6.1 HEMI intake is aluminum.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I heard th composit one was better then aluminum. Was I misinformed?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my compression is btwn 185/190..i will double ck, but thats what i remember. who knows what the compression should be??????????

·
Registered
417 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.