DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Encountered a Chevy SS on my way to PD13 on thursday night while on my way, through the bypass I pulled up beside him both doing bout 80km's. We both hammered it hard and took off, I was pulling hard constantly gaining ground and ended up taking him by about 4-5 truck lenghts by the time we had to slow down, mind you it was very fast and I think I maxed out the limiter at 175km'ish. We met at the lights and he gave me the thumbs up to say good race, mind you my wife gave me the punch in the arm along with a vicious lashing of rederick of course. He looked stock, and I'm not sure how much my Borla Dual Exhaust and Powerwire contributed, but I was happy :) but my arm really hurt :smokin:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nah That chev SS doesnt suck ... I being a former Silverado owner ....Cant say anything bad about the truck i owned .... but the Customer service was indeed sucky .... with that said ... My first and probably last call to DC customer service was the worst i experienced in my life.

·
Registered
21 Posts
a buddy of mine wanted to buy the ss silverado. him and i went out and test drove it. not impressed at all. seemed like my 1991 nissan pathfinder w/ 33's was quicker. i could be exaggerating there but for what it's named for, not quick at all, no power. buddy was very disappointed.

·
Registered
9,835 Posts
Yahh but look out for the VHO's.... they will whoop you! They come stock with 20's and have the 6.0L in them. Of the show room floor they are running 15.00 at 91MPH.... with just an intake and exhaust mod they are running in the mid 14.xx's. They also have, Programers (THE REAL ONES), CAMS, PISTONS, INTAKES, 409 stroker kit and everything else under the sun out for them..... Gosh You got to love the relationship chevy has with the aftermarket!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
casscarr2002 said:
Encountered a Chevy SS on my way to PD13 on thursday night
What did you think of Dover this year? I have been going since 1984. Did you stay out at Kinsmen Park?

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
oobray said:
WHy is it that there are more aftermarket parts for chevy's and fords than dodge?
Cause ever since 55 when the Chevy small block V8 came out their engines have been the choice of the majority of performance types
So they market goes where the $$$ is to be had

But if you read the article on the Hemi in Popular Hot Rodding they now say the Hemi would be the choice over the LS6

Remains to be seen

Chevy types are very brand loyal

·
Registered
385 Posts
Dude thats awesome ... that you did it with wife at the co-pilot spot and only your arm hurts!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Ram3500Dually, if you were there this year with your bike, Maybe I have a picture of it, I took lots :p although 1 of 100k or so would be lucky if I did.
This was my first year actually in the mix, last year I stayed inside.
Wifey's family has a house behind the scotia bank so I stayed there.
RAM was parked on the front lawn so the bikes could park in front.
It was really fun. LMAO we found a woman's jean jacket and thong beside the house in the morning lol. Someone had a better time than I did :rck:
Best part of the small trip was smokin the SS though :)

Air Ram I'm pretty sure that's the truck, it was brand spankin new looking with 20's and was extended cab.
http://motortrend.com/roadtests/pickup/112_0310_trux/index3.html
Looked identical to this but black.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
casscarr2002 said:
mind you my wife gave me the punch in the arm along with a vicious lashing of rederick of course.

I hate when an opportunity like this comes along, I USUALLY decline because it's not worth the royal bitching at that follows! :WHT:

·
Registered
619 Posts
the chevy ss and the chevy vho package is not all its cracked up to be... sure it offers 45 more hp than a stock 6.0 but the stock 6.0 only have 300.....so really were about the same power... the chevy tranny doesnt drain as much tho... i raced a truck with the vho package (same motor and drive line without leather and awd) and it was too close to call.............. turn off your ac lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.