DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, ive been searhing these forums for info about the front bumper air dam, I think i have the sport bumper, its black like the truck, and i didnt see any bolts holding it on. Is it true i have to cut if off? any info from you guys that have done it would be great.
thanks

05 ram hemi reg cab short bed slt sport 4x4

·
Registered
145 Posts
ARE YOU WANTING TO TAKE OFF THE FRONT BUMPER COVER ? IF SO THERE ARE 9/32 BOLTS ON EACH SIDE OF THE COVER PASS AND DVR SIDE AND THE BLACK PANEL WHEN YOU OPEN THE HOOD. THAT PULLS UP AND REMOVE COVER :D

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
I put an air dam on my truck (previous owner took it off and I don't know how he did so). When I put it on, there were 4 bolts underneath, but it also clips in. I'm not sure, but you might be able to pry it off once you remove the bolts.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Yes, if you have the sport bumper, the lower air deflector is part of the bumper cover itself. I was going to take mine off to see if I liked it better with it off, but when I saw I'd have to cut it off I elected to paint it black to match the bumper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shaner, just taking off that ugly air dam that makes me loose about 3" of clearance, ive nailed two rocks already with it. I work at a wind farm, roads are not good.

I didnt see any bolts but i will take a closer look. ill get in there with alittle pry action,

Ceri, do you have the sport bumper on your truck? i assume the sport bumper is one that is not chrome.?

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
No, that truck was an ST with the chrome bumper. I'd take the other guy's word for how it is on the sport bumper. I have no experience with sport trucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.