DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Magnum RT with the 5.7 engine. I bought it in July of last year and a couple weeks layer when I went to leave it wouldn't start. The next day it started right up and hasn't had a problem since. Now it is spring and it has been raining and it has started acting up. It will start and drive just just fine but then you shut it off and it won't start back up or even try to crank...but only sometimes. It is not the battery or alternator and the only dash light that comes on is the lightening bolt light, which normally isn't on. After the car sits overnight it starts right back up, the light is off and it drives normal. This is the 2nd time in 3 days it hasn't started though and I can't keep having it towed home.

The codes that come up after this happens are: p0222, p01521, p0123 and p02111. They all point to the ECM or PCM but again, it only seems to happen when it's raining or has been raining for a few days.

·
Red Trucker
2,765 Posts
I have an 05 Magnum RT with the 5.7 engine. I bought it in July of last year and a couple weeks layer when I went to leave it wouldn't start. The next day it started right up and hasn't had a problem since. Now it is spring and it has been raining and it has started acting up. It will start and drive just just fine but then you shut it off and it won't start back up or even try to crank...but only sometimes. It is not the battery or alternator and the only dash light that comes on is the lightening bolt light, which normally isn't on. After the car sits overnight it starts right back up, the light is off and it drives normal. This is the 2nd time in 3 days it hasn't started though and I can't keep having it towed home.

The codes that come up after this happens are: p0222, p01521, p0123 and p02111. They all point to the ECM or PCM but again, it only seems to happen when it's raining or has been raining for a few days.
P0222 Idle Validation Signals Both Low
P1521 Incorrect Engine Oil Type
P0123 Throttle Pos Sens Voltage Hi
P2111 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Sys-Stuck Open

These do not point to your PCM. Most of these point at either your throttle body or the APPS. 1521 speaks for itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts