DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here just got signed up and I'm looking to take my 05 Magnum and install a 2007 300C cluster and I need some advice on the odometer..... Now I have a Mac tools MDT 10 scanner and I'm able to reset the mileage in the PCM... But that's as far as I've gotten I have not had the scanner long so I don't know what else it does or do I not have to worry about any of that is it plug-in play?

·
Red Trucker
1,930 Posts
I know if you put a Magnum cluster in a Charger or 300 it screws up the remote trunk release but the Magnum doesn't have one. Certain things may not work between the year and programming difference. Only one way to find out lol. You won't be able to change the cluster mileage without something more capable like AlfaOBD or some such. The cluster will NOT update from the PCM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay great I appreciate your help! Someone told me that long as you get the fcm out of the car as well as the cluster everything should work!.... Looks like I'll find out one day!

·
Red Trucker
1,930 Posts
Not necessarily. I upgraded the cluster in my Magnum with one from a newer Magnum (mine was a very early 05 build actually built in 04, the one I replaced it with was a late 05 build; I wanted the digital speedo lol). If you try to use the 07 FCM in the 05 that may screw other things up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I'll keep that in mind I really appreciate it and yeah mine was built in 06 of 04! And I'm still yet to figure out how to look up the VIN number and find out what production number it is....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I didn't swap out any of the dash parts because that's not part of my agenda for today but I went ahead and pulled out the 300 cluster and I said well let me go ahead and install it and see and everything seems to be working good I'm going to leave them in here for a week or two and make sure everything works out before I swap out the dash! I really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I left the Chrysler 300 cluster in my Magnum just to find out what all doesn't work and so far I have found that the coolant gauge does not work and now I can't get into my rear hatch I have a button to install but I watched a video and it seems like I have to install a resistor that I do not have...... So any tips on doing that will help and I will just get a pillar gauge pod with a coolant gauge for now until I can get it figured out what I believe that the coolant gauge on the cluster does not work because the car they come off of had dropped valve seats so maybe it ran hot because the gauge wasn't working I don't know.... I can do the cluster reset and all gauges will do the same thing so it seems like the gays might you working so I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not necessarily. I upgraded the cluster in my Magnum with one from a newer Magnum (mine was a very early 05 build actually built in 04, the one I replaced it with was a late 05 build; I wanted the digital speedo lol). If you try to use the 07 FCM in the 05 that may screw other things up.
Digital Speedo? Do you have a picture?

·
Red Trucker
1,930 Posts
Digital Speedo? Do you have a picture?
Never been shown the button trick lol? Hold down the note button on the left and the north arrow on the right at the same time for about 10sec or so and it accesses an extended menu.

Also gives you other things, like actual compass direction, oil pressure, temperature, throttle position, etc as you scroll through the menus.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Correct ...I do! It's not a base model.... Well I will try that here in a few minutes LOL I'm a mechanic so I like to know everything I can

·
Red Trucker
1,930 Posts
Correct ...I do! It's not a base model.... Well I will try that here in a few minutes LOL I'm a mechanic so I like to know everything I can
If you have an early 04 build like I do, then it won't have the digital speedo, later 04 into 05 and you're good. Pretty much if the speedo face looks like that one (the earlier ones look different) then you should be good. Regardless the rest of the extended menu is there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well how about that it works good..... Looks like I seen some settings that you can adjust I didn't mess with them cuz I don't know what they are lol .. but thanks for that info!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts