DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I purchased my hemi 2 1/2 weeks ago, since then it has been in the shop for 1 week while they replaced all 8 of my fuel injectors since the guy before me put bad fuel in it. Luckily the warranty covered it or I would have been hella pissed. Anyway, I had dual exhaust put on and K&N 77 series CAI and then a few days ago I noticed that whenever I am going about 50 MPH and I press on the gas pedal there is very little response until I press harder and switch gears. Kind of like a dead spot, or as the mechanic at dodge referred to as a "fall out". He said there wasn't anything wrong with it though and it was a result of my aftermarket exhaust and intake and that the computer has a re-learner program that will eventually take care of it. He told me the only way to get it to stop was to drive it more and the older it gets, the smarter it gets. Has anyone else heard of this? Aftermarket performance upgrades causing a dead spot or fall out in the throttle? Thanks guys.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
not really through a superchips or a cam in their and it will fix that right up!

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
gabea83 said:
Ok so I purchased my hemi 2 1/2 weeks ago, since then it has been in the shop for 1 week while they replaced all 8 of my fuel injectors since the guy before me put bad fuel in it. Luckily the warranty covered it or I would have been hella pissed. Anyway, I had dual exhaust put on and K&N 77 series CAI and then a few days ago I noticed that whenever I am going about 50 MPH and I press on the gas pedal there is very little response until I press harder and switch gears. Kind of like a dead spot, or as the mechanic at dodge referred to as a "fall out". He said there wasn't anything wrong with it though and it was a result of my aftermarket exhaust and intake and that the computer has a re-learner program that will eventually take care of it. He told me the only way to get it to stop was to drive it more and the older it gets, the smarter it gets. Has anyone else heard of this? Aftermarket performance upgrades causing a dead spot or fall out in the throttle? Thanks guys.
Most mods, especially concerning air flow changes have to be learned by the pcm... The way to make this process faster is to reset the computer in your truck... Otherwise it will take 300-500 miles for the pcm to learn your new mods... Reset the computer and see if you don't see some change

Jason

·
Registered
194 Posts
Had the same thing happen to mine after installing my K & N intake. Been on there about a month, prob about 4000 miles. No change. Think it's just something with the intake.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
naah i would try and reset the pcm, just unhook the negative bat cable for a couple min that hook bak up and its reset!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I reset the pcm by taking the fuse out and turning the ignition to start until I heard 2 chimes and then putting the fuse back in and it made a ridiculous difference. I'm getting 3 MPG better as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.