DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new to the forum, got a problem, or atleast i think it is, i recently got rid of my 2000 caravan and got a 05 grand, the 2000 had a 3.0 and got between 600 and 700 k out of a tank of gas. I figured id lose a bit going to the 3.3 liter in the grand but this is brutal, im getting 400 - 450 k out of a tank, if its just highway i can get almost 500.

No its not leaking, and its not being stolen, ive had the car on the computer at the shop and there are no issues with any of the sensors, emmisions past the ontario test fine and i am really at a loss. Ive done a recent tune up and still no different.

How many miles do you guys get out of a tank ?

· Registered
629 Posts
mileage

wow you guys must drive fast , i get 25-26 mpg highway going about 72 mph. This is not by the trip computer either , by mileage and gallons need to fill tank . City probably 20 mpg , this is US though not canadian .

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i had the intake runner and something else cleaned, and put a new air filter on it, also backed off the right rear parking brake cuz i think it was dragging a bit, but i notice a high pitched sound from that wheel on the highway, im thinking wheel bearing, that will be the next thing i look into.

· Registered
984 Posts
Just took my first long trip in the used '01 3.3L GC I bought two months ago, and I got between 24.5 and 25.3 mpg, fully loaded, on a true calculation, not the trip computer (though it read the same, roughly). I wouldn't expect to do much better than that.

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.