DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 Grand Caravan has the RB1 and Sirius Radio. The Sirius radio has started showing "No Signal" intermittently. Driving on an open road with no possible blockages, the radio will cut out and then back on regularly. Sometimes only for a few seconds and other times for 20-30 minutes. I've taken it to the dealer but naturally it always works when they have it and there are no codes throw into the computer so they give it back to me and the next time I drive it, it starts again. It acts just like the sensitivity is right on the edge. I figure it has to be the antenna, a bad connection line or the satellite radio itself. Anybody seen this problem or have any suggestions for troubleshooting this.

Lynnk

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Have you checked the antenna cables to make sure they are secured, not grounded out or nicked by any sharp metal edges?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't even know where the wires run or how to get to them. I have it in the shop again today since the last visit didn't fix this or the "service tire system soon" message that keeps popping up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I took the GC in and they again could not reproduce the problem. They did look up a TSB about Static in the radio which I had mentioned to them. The TSB recommends replacing the Sat Radio which they are doing ... had to order it and it should be in this week or next. We'll see if that fixes both the static and lost signal problems. If not, at least we will have eliminated the sat radio as being the problem on the lost signal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.