DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Caravan 3.3L V6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 Grand Caravan 3.3L almost stalls whenever blower is turned on any setting, temp or speed. Thought maybe the cabin air filter was needing replacement but this van has no filter istalled as under dashboard/Glove box is completely sealed and unable to open. Doesn't trigger any dash lights but havent ran blower(s) for more than 20 seconds. Tried to use blower while driving at highway speeds and still loses significant power and nearly stalls. Is there any air intake entries that can be cleaned or checked for blockage? How possible is it that debris made it to the blower motor itself? Bought cheap and not sure how long it Sat for and it was trashed by unruly children and left my Fiance and I quite the mess to clean before we could drive it anywhere. All other electrical works great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

·
Registered
650 Posts
If you're using AC or the heat on defrost, the HVAC turns on the AC compressor for both situations. Turning on the compressor increases drag on the engine and the IAC is supposed to open up to compensate and maintain idle. Considering you're also losing power while driving, I'd be concerned that the AC compressor is failing. It can put enough drag on an engine to cause stalling. An easy test is to shut the AC button off and set the mode switch to vent or floor before you turn the blower back on. You can also go into the under hood fuse block and remove the AC compressor fuse or relay. Turn your blower fan on and power loss & stalling should stop.

Another less likely possibility is carbon build up in the throttle body. You could remove it and clean the throttle bore and IAC passage. This might improve the condition somewhat, but I doubt it's the root problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts