DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tired of hearing my tick getting worse every morning, i decide to poke around underneath, and i found that 2 of the rear-most exhaust manifold bolts rotted - the bolt heads rotted off, so the manifolds now are now leaking and ticking; i have about 58k on the truck, stock.

anyone else have this problem? i'm debating whether to tackle it myself or bring it back to the dealer and biotch, but i'm guessing its probably a wasted effort since they won't want to cover it anyway; unless its a well-known issue with these trucks..so, thats what i'm trying to figure out here..

sound strange or what?

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Never heard of that before. Sounds defective to me.

KB

· Finally a 5 speed
2,575 Posts
They might consider it a defective emissions component and replace it. Federal Law requires emissions components to be warrantied for 8 yrs or 80k miles.

I would think it would be considered an emissions problem since you are leaking exhaust that has not been catalyzed.

· Registered
44 Posts
I have the exact same issue with my 1500 Hemi right now, I see 1 bolt head gone on the passenger side rear, and the sound is driving me nuts... I might take a closer look at it this weekend, but I'm affraid of breaking more bolts off trying to get the manifold off

· Registered
90 Posts
Yes, this is common enough.. I recently have had two 4.7L vehicles in with this condition.. If your truck has a powertrain warranty it will be covered. If you do not have extended coverage, it will not be covered under the Federal Emissions warranty and thus you will have to take care of this one out of your pocket.. Sorry for the bad news.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.