Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I Bleed Cardinal Red!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Quick question...

After downloading the `05 Ram Service Manual from hemitruckclub.com, I see where it states the torque specs on the 1500 series trucks is to be set to 95 ft/lb (129 Nm). Is this right? It seems a little loose to me, based on what I've read.

Is there any truth to this, or should it be tighter?

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS - WAY TO GO CARDINALS!!! :rck: "We shocked the world," Jim Edmonds added. "We're sorry."

·
Been HEMIphied
1,933 Posts
The '04 owner's manual for mine stated 135 ft-lbs or 100 N-m. So many warped rotors later, a TSB came out. The TSB stated 100 ft-lbs or 135 N-m. Seems someone at Dodge was a bit dyslexic. I torque mine to 100 ft-lbs. Have no problems.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
hyhrd1 said:
Hi all! Quick question...

After downloading the `05 Ram Service Manual from hemitruckclub.com, I see where it states the torque specs on the 1500 series trucks is to be set to 95 ft/lb (129 Nm). Is this right? It seems a little loose to me, based on what I've read.

Is there any truth to this, or should it be tighter?

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS - WAY TO GO CARDINALS!!! :rck: "We shocked the world," Jim Edmonds added. "We're sorry."
Mine are at 95 on my Boss 304 20s --No Problems

·
I Bleed Cardinal Red!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! Get this... After getting my ass of the couch from watching football, I noticed that the manual in the truck states 135 ft/lbs (183 N-m). WTF?! :huh:

I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar!!! :help:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Tips manual also reads 135lbs

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Just a fact about the rims

The OEM rims are HUB Centric meaning the hub fits the opening in the rim exactly

Most after market wheels have general purpose hub openings and some use adapters to match the size to the OEM hub

Others are lug centric and use the proper torquing to keep the wheel centered

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
I just do it as hard as I could turn them. Guess thats about 100lbs lol

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I asked a friend of mine who is an awesome mechanic.
He says aluminum wheels should be tourqued at a minimum of 100 ft/lbs to 135 ft/lbs.
I have mine at 110. No issues!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.