DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
hemified07
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've been a member for a while but this is the first time posting.

So, I'm driving my truck and just hit 250,000 miles and was feeling really good. No major problems over the time I had this truck, just wear and tear items had to be replaced. I made a stop and the truck was hard to start. Had to let it crank for about 5 seconds to start the truck and the CEL was on. Got home and checked it with my code reader. P0335 came up. Went to AutoZone since it was a weekend, replaced the Crankshaft Sensor and the code cleared. A few hours later I got code P0340. Went get the Camshaft Position sensor and replaced it with no change. During the week went to Dodge dealer and got a CMP from them. Installed it and same result; truck hard to start and still getting P0340. I checked the sensor with a multi-meter and everything looks like its working. The 5 VDC and ground are there and once the truck starts, I can see the frequency of the signal from the sensor being sent to the PCM. Frequency gets higher as truck RPM gets higher. Only problem is that the truck is STILL hard to start and code P0340 won't go away. Anyone have any ideas what to do next other than bringing it to the dealer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just went through similar issue where I replaced both the camshaft and crankshaft sensors due to both those codes. I replaced with aftermarket sensors and no change. I pulled the valve covers to find the cam sprocket chains sloppy. I did a complete timing chain set, however, the codes remained afterwards. I scratched my head, but then put the original mopar sensors back in and the codes went away. Long story short, do yourself a favor and get mopar sensors, however the original sensors that you replaced may not be lying. My original sensors were not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.