DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference between the 04 and 05 dodge ram 1500's. I am asking because I sent an email to Fabtech to inquire about their 3.5" spindle lift for the 05 2wd 1500 and they repied stating that they did not have a spindle lift for my truck. Any ideas?

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
is that like people think a gmc truck is better than a chevy , honest ive heard people say that a gmc is built better. :cool:

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
i actually would say that a gmc is built better, plus those trucks in general are so much nicer than the chevys... but man they get expensive

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
viper24 said:
i actually would say that a gmc is built better, plus those trucks in general are so much nicer than the chevys... but man they get expensive
i worked at a chevy and gmc store for 2 decades there built side by side on the same line in production we have had chevys come in with gmc grilles in them we had gmcs come in with chevy hub caps , they are the same truck no differances except trim , you must be one of those guys !

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
i guess i am one of those guys, i went by the jd power awards and noticed gmc had em so the durability must have been better or something...

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Well, I know that the earlier GMC's had a reputation of being built better than Chevrolet while packing a larger engine.

I am not too sure about this nowadays. I like GMC's over Chevrolet's, but I have worked on both and I don't see much difference between the two.

Take it easy everyone.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
viper24 said:
i guess i am one of those guys, i went by the jd power awards and noticed gmc had em so the durability must have been better or something...
I am not sure then...maybe they do have better quality than Chevy (oh yeah), JD does test its stuff. :cool:

...but I like Dodge way better than GMC. GMC is second on my list though. :D

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
back in the 40s , 50s, and 60s, i can say the gmc was better, but over the last 3 decades there the same except for trim , but i can say the gmc trim level is more appealing to me, and i think jd power is using that as a upper hand over the chevy

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
4404spd said:
...but i can say the gmc trim level is more appealing to me, and i think jd power is using that as a upper hand over the chevy...
Most likely. Mechanically speaking: GMC is a Chevrolet.

·
StreetRods Rule
482 Posts
actually, from what ive witnessed as of recent truck purchases gmc's are built better, guy at work has a 2 month old chevy thats practicly falling apart.

·
Registered
29 Posts
GMC came out with that four wheel steering. I don't think that Chevy has that yet (I could be wrong, I don't keep up with General Motors)

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Im not really sure whos better these days, but as far as looks go, GMC looks way better than Chevy these days, the darn pointy headlights on the chevys are the ugliest move that chevy has ever made, the look they had before the pointy headlights was a whole lot better, i think the change really hurt there sells.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
and also i read in one of the auto mags that GM was gonna fase out the quadrasteer, just hasnt really caught on, even they lowered the price of it as an option.

·
Registered
521 Posts
LOL!! Well I work at GM on the assembly line and there is no difference in them. Grill and badging thats it. same engine same carpet wiring glass you name it. I build tahoes cadys and gmc and when they come by me the only way to tell the difference is by looking at the paperwork on the front.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just to let you guys know. GMC and Chevy are exactly same except trim. The reason i know this is because my uncle works for General Motors and is on the design team. They both go through an assembly line, and when it gets to point were they do the trim and grills, they split off. Other than that, identical trucks and same options.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
magnum_ram said:
Just to let you guys know. GMC and Chevy are exactly same except trim. The reason i know this is because my uncle works for General Motors and is on the design team. They both go through an assembly line, and when it gets to point were they do the trim and grills, they split off. Other than that, identical trucks and same options.

thank you it didnt seem like anyone belived me.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
magnum_ram said:
They both go through an assembly line, and when it gets to point were they do the trim and grills, they split off. Other than that, identical trucks and same options.
They don't split to two lines. :help: The guy that installs the grill looks at the track sheet and puts the appropriate grill in. The guy that puts on a piece of trim does the same.

4404spd said:
is that like people think a gmc truck is better than a chevy , honest ive heard people say that a gmc is built better.
Ya, as the truck goes down the line each worker looks at the track sheet and decides if he is gonna do a good job on the GMC or a bad job on the Chevy :thatfunny

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.