DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the highway for a couple of minutes and it was running fine. I got off the highway and was going up a ramp and the truck (5.7 L 48,000 miles) shut off while i was coasting. The electronics were still on. I was able to stop at the top and put in park. The truck started back up with no problems and got home. No codes displayed. Has never happened before with this truck, but had similar problems with 01 ram with 5.9 and turned out to be the TPS. Just thought it was weird that no code was displayed.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Mine did this to me as well (I have 42,000 miles). Turns out I had carbon build up on the throttle body. Check their first.

·
Registered
31 Posts
mine was doing that too,it turned out the throttle body needed cleaned,it looks clean from the out side but the inside gets very dirty,mine has about as many miles as yours and its a 2004,but my throttle body light came on,its a little red lightning bolt at the bottom right of your dash lights,john

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would try cleaning the TB

soup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot for your help everyone. I went out driving to see how it was....and the check engine light came on. I tried to get the code and the red lightning light came on...so I guess I am cleaning the TB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cleaned the TB and it was filthy and reset the PCM...was out to the store and it stalled again after trying to accelerate after being stopped at a light. Now I am gonna replace the EGR, PCV and give it a fuel treatment....Anyone disagree

·
Registered
31 Posts
what codes are you getting?before the garage cleaned my throttle body they put in a map sensor but that didnt fix the problem,it still stalled,after cleaning the throttle body it has ran great ever since,john

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The check engine light came on yesterday with no codes. While I was trying to get the code the red lightning bolt appeared. Today, the check engine light did not come on. Before it stalled it was running fine, no hesitation or jerking...It started right back up and drove like nothing happened

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cleaned the TB which didnt do it, then put new PCV and EGR valves in...so far so good, its running really well at the moment

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.