DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my truck used and it did not come with any keyless entry fobs, however I called the dealer today and provided my vin and found out that it did in fact come with keyless entry originally.

So what do I need?

Can I just pick up a used FOB for a 2004 Ram? I read something about FCC number. Do I need to take my dash apart to make sure I get the correct FCC number?

Also I saw on ebay there are some cheap FOBs but they say you have to have one that is already programmed or you need to take it to the dealer... My dealer said they wanted 65 for a fob and another 100 to program... Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
if you have a owners manual look in there. im pretty sure it tells you how to program one.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it says in there how to program and I found directions on here but was just confused because it says you have to already have 1 fob programmed, and I do not have any fobs.... Maybe what it means is that you have to have had a fob programmed to the unit at some time and that a new keyless module needs to be programmed....?

·
Registered
122 Posts
You need to have one FOB programmed for the vehicle as you use the working FOB to activate the programming function to program the rest of the FOB's to the truck. If you don't have any you will have to have the dealer at least program the first one for you then the rest you can do yourself.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
You need to have one FOB programmed for the vehicle as you use the working FOB to activate the programming function to program the rest of the FOB's to the truck. If you don't have any you will have to have the deal at least program the first one for you then the rest you can do yourself.

Once you have the first fob made, it is easy to program extra by yourself.
I'd buy a couple or three from ebay.

·
762minigun
423 Posts
Yeah either pick up a fob from a junk yard, or buy one off ebay. Take it to your dealer. Better yet call around for the cheapest dealer. I called 5 dealers here in Indy, they wanted any where between $20 and $150 to program one. I took mine to the cheapest dealer. Drove it in the service bay, paid $18.35, and i was out in less than 5 minutes. I got my first fob, and the keyless module from a junk yard for free. I just picked up another fob off ebay last week for $7.00 shipped.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
No Fob's, you must go to the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.