DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RamQC1500
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many posts on these forums about Predator tunes with all kinds of ABS light and transmission shifting problems and thought I would post up my experience with this product.
First off I plugged in the predator and found I needed the lasted Flash update, following the instruction provided I was able update the Predator, I then plugged back into my truck and installed the latest stock program. Following the prompts on the screen made this painless.
At this point the truck started up and I drove it around the block (about 4 miles) just to make sure there were no issue, first thing I noticed was it holding the gears longer, my truck from day one always held the gears way too long, it would take ¾ throttle to what felt like I was forcing a down shift. I didn’t expect this from a factory tune!
Next step was to install a Diablo 91 performance tune, this flash was a lot faster then installing the stock tune even with the Predator saving a stock backup, again this was a painless task with the prompts provided on the screen.
Now for the test drive, first thing was a short TCM learn I got out of the service manual that is nothing more then manual shifting of the gears to learn clutch pack volumes on up and down shifts, I then took it out for a drivability test, all I could do is smile, throttle response is amazing! This is not the same truck I started with, when locked up in overdrive at 50 mph and the engine turning at about 13 to 1400 rpm I slowly pushed down on the throttle and found this thing pulling a lot harder (no more lead slug feeling) pushing a little more caused a downshift and a harder pull, this felt perfect for my needs, I don’t race it down the track but I can’t stop breaking the tires loose at way less then full throttle, it will hit the rev limiter at the blink of an eye and sounds good with the FlowMasters to boot.
It’s strange that the opposite is the result of some of the post on these forums where the tune holds the gear too long and won’t downshift with less then ¾ throttle input, it seems as if Dodge had a hat were they pulled the files from for there downloads!
I now await for a little increased shift firmness that I think will come as the trans gets it CI index complete. My experience with this product was second to none, I hope that everybody on here that has problems get them sorted out. I am glad I wen't with Diablo!
:gr_patrio

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Great Review, where did you purchase it from?

·
RamQC1500
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it from Diablo's site "Shoptron".

Thanks.

·
RamQC1500
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:bawl:Dam, could have saved about $60 at Moes, I just got the wind knocked out of my sail!
That hurts!

·
Registered
65 Posts
We should be releasing an update shortly with improved tunes as well as some other goodies.

·
RamQC1500
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good Johan, look forward to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.